Harbin Taiping International Airport
|Harbin Taiping International Airport
Hā'ěrbīn Tàipíng Guójì Jīchǎng
|Location||near the town of Taiping, Daoli District, Harbin|
|Hub for||China Southern, Shenzhen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||139 m / 456 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Harbin Taiping International Airport|
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Harbin Taiping Airport, formerly known as Yanjiagang Airport, is located about 37 kilometres (23 mi) southwest of the city of Harbin and was constructed in 1979 with further expansion between 1994 and 1997 at a cost of $960 million RMB. In 1984 it was upgraded to an international airport. Today it serves as an important transportation hub for northeastern China and is the largest northernmost airport of China. Its terminal building is also currently the largest in northeastern China.
It is capable of handling 6 million passengers annually and has more than 50 air routes, both domestic and international. Currently it has one 3200m asphalt runway.
In 2009, Harbin Taiping International Airport has reached its capacity which is 6 million passengers.
In 2013, Harbin Taiping International Airport handled 10 million passengers. It is the 23rd Chinese airport which reached the level of 10 million passengers per year.
For handling more passengers and cargo loads, a new terminal is being build, and it is expected to operate in 2017. During the construction, all international services will be moved to a temporary terminal.
Harbin Airport was divided into two linked terminals, International and Domestic. On May 22, 2013, in order to build Terminal 2, International Departure and Arrival has been moved to a former terminal.
Airlines and destinations
- "» 哈尔滨机场扩建 国际航站楼封闭". Retrieved 18 August 2015.
- Liu, Jim (7 March 2017). "Aurora expands Vladivostok network in March 2017". Routesonline. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- "Прямой рейс свяжет Комсомольск-на-Амуре и Владивосток". primamedia.ru (in Russian). Медиахолдинг PrimaMedia. 1 February 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- 有人@你 东航新增航班又来了，让你一次嗨翻天！！！ ]
- "China Southern adds Harbin – Irkutsk seasonal route in 3Q17". routesonline. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "LJ Air (LongJiang Airlines) today (10 Feb 2017) operated inaugural flight, Harbin to Hefei". Twitter. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- Munro, Andrew (1 September 2017). "New Scoot routes: Super-cheap flights to Sapporo and Harbin | finder.com.au". finder.com.au.
- "Sichuan Airlines adds Vladivostok service from May 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "Spring Airlines adds Harbin – Macau service from Feb 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harbin Taiping International Airport.|