Harbin University of Science and Technology
Motto in English
|Unity of knowledge Hiroatsu distant|
|President||Li Dayong 李大勇|
|Location||Harbin, Heilongjiang, China|
Harbin University of Science and Technology (simplified Chinese: 哈尔滨理工大学; traditional Chinese: 哈爾濱理工大學; pinyin: Hā'ěrbīn Lǐgōng Dàxué) is a university in Harbin, China. Previously known as Harbin University of Science (Simplified Chinese: 哈尔滨科技大学; pinyin: Hā'ěrbīn Kējì Dàxué). It is colloquially known as Hakeda (Simplified Chinese: 哈科大; pinyin: Hǎkēdà), as opposed to Hagongda, which is Harbin Institute of Technology.
HUST was founded in the early 1950s. After half a century’s development it has become a multidisciplinary university whose discipline layout is featured with electromechanical engineering as its lead as well as an integration of science and engineering, economy, management, humanities, and law.
It has four campuses: East Campus, West Campus, South Campus, and North Campus in three districts: Daoli, Nangang, and Xiangfang, covering over 1,275,000 m2, with a total building area of more than 850,000 m2, its fixed assets being ¥1.032 billion RMB. The library has a collection of 2.075 million books and about 4,900 Chinese and foreign journals and periodicals.
For many years, to conform to national economy and social development and to take the advantage of talents, HUST has set up 45 research institutes guided by the strategy of emphasizing subject development, teaching and research. From 1996 to now, the university has undertaken over 1,951 state and provincial projects with 900 research results (183 winning prizes). The university has published more than 5,770 academic papers, 386 books in special subjects. Insisting on opening to the outside, seizing the opportunity of reforming old industrial bases in the Northeast China, and following the course of manufacturing, learning and researching, HUST has set up bases of research result cultivation to transform the results into productive forces and cooperate with local governments.
Exchange and cooperation
|This section does not cite any sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
HUST has established long-term friendly cooperation with many universities or research institutes in more than 10 countries. HUST has jointly run schools with the following foreign universities: Troy State University (US), Oriental New Mexican University, Pittsburgh University, City University London (UK), Novosibirsk State Technical University (Russia), La Trobe University, Edith Cowan University (Australia), Chubu University (Japan), Capilano College (Canada), Université Laval (Canada), etc.
- School of Mechanical & Power Engineering
- School of Material Science & Engineering
- School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- School of Computer
- School of Measurement-Control Tech & Communications Engineering
- School of Economic Management
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Art Design
- School of Software
- School of Chemistry & Environmental Engineering
- School of International Cultural Education
- School of Architecture & Civil Engineering
- School of Automation
- School of Laws
- Foreign Language Institute
- School of Continual Education
- Postgraduate Training Division
- Physical Training Dept
- Military Training & Teaching Dept
- Foreign Language Teaching Dept
- Marxism–Leninism Teaching & Research Dept
- Modern Education & Technology Center
- Engineering Training Center
- Campus Network Information Center
- Computer Center
- Harbin University of Science and Technology (HUST) (English)
- 哈尔滨理工大学官网 (Chinese)