|Y-11 in the Chinese Aviation Museum|
|Manufacturer||Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation|
|Designer||Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation|
|First flight||December 30, 1975|
|Status||Out of production|
|Number built||ca. 50|
A requirement for a twin-engined light utility transport was issued by the Chinese government in November 1974. The Y-11 was proposed in April 1974, and the design was begun in January 1975. Design of the Y-11, under Xiong Wenjie, was completed at Harbin in June 1975 and prototype construction started immediately. The static test article completed its test cycle on 19 December 1975 and the first flight of the prototype followed soon after on 30t December 1975. Production started on 3 April 1977 with at least fifty aircraft known to have been built before production stopped in favour of the Harbin Y-12.
- Y-11 : Twin-engined STOL utility transport aircraft, designed for agriculture and geological survey.
- Y-11B : (I) is Fitted with advanced avionics and powered by 350 hp Teledyne -Continental TSIO-550-B air-cooled flat six piston engines. Type (II) was canceled. Later, the only flyable one was used for geological survey.
- Y-11 agricultural aircraft : Fitted with a hopper or tank in the cabin on the centre of gravity, dispensing chemicals through a dust spreader, spraybars or atomisers on the wing trailing edges.
- Y-11 Geological Survey aircraft : At least one aircraft fitted with a large toroidal sensor on the port wing-tip and a cigar shaped sensor on the starboard wing-tip.
- Y-11T : The initial designation of the Prototype Harbin Y-12, a redesigned plane fitted with Pratt & Whitney PT6A-11 turboprop engines driving three-bladed Hartzell HC-B3TN-3B propellers.
- China Flying-Dragon Special Aviation Corp.
- Xingjiang General Aviation Company
- Longken General Aviation Corporation
- Jiangnan General Aviation Company
- Shenyang General Aviation Corporation
- Guizhou Shuangyang General Aviation Corporation
Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1982–83 
- Crew: 2
- Capacity: 7 passengers
- Payload: 900 kg (1,980 lb) chemicals or 900 L (198 Imp Gallons) liquids (agricultural version)
- Length: 12.017 m (39 ft 5⅛ in)
- Wingspan: 17.00 m (55 ft 9¼ in)
- Height: 4.64 m (15 ft 2¾ in)
- Wing area: 34.00 m² (366.0 sq ft)
- Airfoil: NACA 4412
- Empty weight: 2,050 kg (4,519 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 3,250 kg (7,165 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Huosai-6A 9-cylinder air-cooled radial engine, 213 kW (285 hp) each
- Maximum speed: 220 km/h (119 knots, 137 mph)
- Cruise speed: 175 km/h (94 knots, 109 mph) (65% power)
- Stall speed: 105 km/h (57 knots, 65 mph) (flaps up)
- Range: 995 km (537 nmi, 618 mi) (max fuel)
- Service ceiling: 4,000 m (13,125 ft)
- Rate of climb: 4.1 m/s (807 ft/min)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harbin aircraft.|