Harbour Air Seaplanes
Victoria Inner Harbour
|Secondary hubs||Vancouver International|
|Focus cities||Vancouver, Richmond, Victoria, Nanaimo, Sechelt, Comox, Whistler, Gulf Islands|
|Frequent-flyer program||High Flyer Rewards, Air Bucks Program, Quickticket Discounts|
|Fleet size||37, 43|
|Company slogan||Your Travel Experience. Elevated|
|Headquarters||Richmond, British Columbia|
|Key people||-Greg McDougall, CEO|
-Peter Evans, President
-Doug Hamerton, VP Maintenance
-Randy Wright, VP Business Development
-Chad Wetsch, VP Ground Operations
-Meredith Moll, VP Sales and Marketing
-Eric Scott, VP Flight Operations and Safety
-Mark Riddell, VP Finance
Harbour Air Seaplanes is a scheduled service, tour and charter airline based in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. The predominately seaplane airline specializes in routes between Vancouver, Nanaimo, Victoria, Sechelt, Comox, Whistler and the Gulf Islands, primarily with de Havilland Canada floatplanes. Along with Westcoast Air, Saltspring Air and Whistler Air, it operates de Havilland Beavers, Otters and Twin Otters.
The airline was established and started operations in 1982 as Windoak Air Service to provide seaplane charter services for the forestry industry in British Columbia. In 1993, Harbour Air purchased Trans-Provincial Airlines, added charter flights to resorts, and increased scheduled services. Today, Harbour Air refers to itself as the world's largest all-seaplane airline and became North America's first carbon neutral airline. A small subsidiary, Harbour Air Malta, was set up in June 2007 and a DHC-3 Turbo Otter floatplane is permanently based in Valletta, Malta for scheduled flights to Gozo and sightseeing trips around the islands. Harbour Air Magazine is the official in-flight magazine of Harbour Air.
Awards and accolades
Harbour Air has won the following awards:
- 2009 to 2014 – Canada's Best Managed Companies
- 2009 to 2011 – BC's Top 55 Employers
- 2011 – BC's Top 100 Employers for Young People
- 2011 – Business of the Year: Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- 2011 – Canada Tourism Commission Signature Experience Award
- 2011/2016 – Business of the Year on Vancouver Island: Business Examiner / Business Vancouver Island
- 2012 – Cumberbatch Award: Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators
- 2012/2015 – Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- 2015 – Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce Business Awards – Outstanding Customer Service
- 2015 – VISA Canada Traveller Experience of the Year/ Tourism Industry Association of Canada
In 2007, Harbour Air became the first airline in North America to achieve complete carbon neutrality in both flight services and corporate operations. Teamed up with Vancouver-based Offsetters, the airline started to include a carbon offset on each ticket used to mitigate the environmental impact of the greenhouse gas emissions (GHG's) associated with the flight. The funds are invested in renewable energy projects.
On February 16, 2010, Deloitte Canada announced that Harbour Air was a winner of a 2009 Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies Award. This national award is sponsored by Deloitte, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, National Post and Queen's School of Business.
- Maple Bay (Duncan)
- Pender Harbour, British Columbia (Madeira Park)
- Pitt Meadows
- Princess Louisa Inlet (seasonal)
- Seattle, Washington
- Sechelt (Lighthouse Pub)
- Whistler (seasonal)
|Cessna 172||0||1||172M||3 passengers|
|Cessna 185||0||1||185F||1–3 passengers|
|Cessna 208||1||1||Caravan Amphibian Cessna 208||9 passengers, operated by Tantalus Air|
|de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver||10||16||DHC-2, DHC-2 MK. I, DHC-2 MK. III||5–6 passengers|
|de Havilland Canada DHC-3-T Turbo Otter||23||21||DHC-3-T Turbo Otter||10–14 passengers|
|de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter||2||3||DHC-6-200 (as of January 2018)||18 passengers. 3rd Twin Otter will be in service ETA July 2018.|
|Pilatus PC-12||1||1||PC-12/47E||6–8 passengers, operated by Tantalus Air|
- Airline Codes Search
- Airline Codes Search
- Aircraft Fleet
- "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for Harbour Air". Transport Canada. Retrieved 2016-02-16.,
"Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for West Coast Air". Transport Canada. Retrieved 2016-02-16.,
"Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for Tantalus Air". Transport Canada. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- Flight Schedules
- In Flight Magazine Archived 2011-03-24 at the Wayback Machine.
- Whistler Air purchased by largest all-seaplane airline, Harbour Air , Peak Magazine May 10, 2012.
- Spruce, Terry (September 21, 2013). "Harbour Air launches Tantalus Air". Corporate Jet Investigator. Retrieved December 17, 2013.
- Tantalus Air Archived 2016-02-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Carbon Neutrality & Responsible Airline Operations
- Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies announced
- Fact Sheet Archived 2010-11-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Harbour Air grounds Langley-to-Victoria service". bclocalnews.com. May 6, 2011. Retrieved August 2, 2011.
- Route Map
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 8.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harbour Air.|