|Born||29 July 1979|
|Origin||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Genres||Rap, hip hop, Bollywood music|
|Occupation(s)||singer, playback singer|
|Associated acts||D12, Hiphop Tamizha, Country Chicken|
Hard Kaur was born Taran Kaur Dhillon in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, where her mother ran a small beauty parlour in the house. When she was young, she lost her father and her mother's beauty parlour was burnt a few days after her father's death. Her paternal grandparents asked her mother to leave their house and wanted to keep her brother with them. Subsequently she, her brother and her mother moved to Hoshiarpur to her maternal grandparents house, where they stayed for the next couple of years.
In 1991 her mother remarried a British citizen and her family moved to Birmingham, England, where her mother started working and studying to eventually open a beauty salon. Meanwhile, Hard Kaur did her schooling. After developing interest in hip-hop she started her music career as a rapper.
She recorded the song "Ek Glassy" and was top for the UK then in 2007 rapped for Sriram Raghavan's movie Johnny Gaddaar's song "Paisa Phek (Move Your Body)." Since then she has sung in movies like Ugly Aur Pagli ("Talli"), Singh Is Kinng, Kismat Konnection, Bachna Ae Haseeno, Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, and Prince.
Kaur performed at Live Earth India, 2008.
In October 2012, Hard Kaur released her second music album titled Party Loud All Year: P.L.A.Y. The album, produced in collaboration with Sony music, featured ten songs, all of which were written and composed by her. The most successful song of the album was Mujhe peeney do.
In 2013 – she collaborated with composer Ram Sampath and Rajasthani folk singer Bhanvari Devi for Coke Studio India. In the song Katey or Kathe – Bhanvari Devi's part is a Rajasthani folk song which is dedicated to Lord Krishna (Saanwariyo) and Rap by Hard Kaur – written by herself in which she express her personal life journey.At the time of elections, she composed a song "Karle Tu Voting" to spread awareness about voting.Recently, Hard Kaur composes a song for FIFA World Cup named "Goal Mar Goal Mar". The song aptly describes fan frenzy and is sung in Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali & South language too. Also, she herself has written the lyrics of the song.
In May 2013 Hard Kaur was performing alongside Honey Singh when she was alleged to hurt Sikh sentiments by making derogatory remarks whilst under the influence of alcohol, during the performance also making an objectionable remark towards a Sikh gentleman's flowing beard, and comparing the Sikh-Gate Keeper at JW Marriot with the tenth Sikh Master Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- Supawoman (2002)
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
- Party Loud All Year: P.L.A.Y (2012)
- Coke Studio – Kattey
|2007||Johnny Gaddar||Move Your Body||Herself||Hindi||Special Appearance in Song|
|2009||Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani||Follow Me & Main Tera Dhadkan Teri||Hindi|
|2011||Patiala House||Laung Da Lashkara & Rola Pe Gaya||Komal Chatwal||Hindi|
|2013||ABCD: Any Body Can Dance||Sadda Dil Vi Tu (Ga Ga Ga Ganpati)||Singer||Hindi|
|2013||Hanni'||Herself||Punjabi||Sung: Teriyan Adavaan|
|2013||Vanakkam Chennai'||Chennai City Gangsta||Herself||Tamil|
|2014||Babloo Happy Hai||Babloo Happy Hai||Singer||Hindi|
|2015||Dilliwali Zaalim Girlfriend||Zaalim Dilli||Jazzy B & Hard Kaur||Hindi|
|2010||Comedy Circus Ke Taansen||Hindi||Special Appearance with Krushna and Sudesh|
- Rajiv Vijayakar (18 July 2008). "Kaur competency". Screen.
- "An interview with rapper Hard Kaur". MiD DAY. 1 March 2009.
- Abuzar Tabassum (3 October 2013). "Hard work pays". The Hindu.
- "I don't want typical 'ladki' roles: Hard Kaur". The Times of India. TNN. 5 October 2013.
- Adila Matra (11 October 2012). "It's P.L.A.Y. time for Hard Kaur as the artists releases her second album". Daily Mail.
- Jaspreet Nijher (26 May 2013). "I did not abuse anyone: Hard Kaur". The Times of India.
- Shaheen Parkar (25 September 2013). "Hard Kaur in a verbal tussle at a Bandra nightspot". Mid Day.
- "Hard Kaur turns composer, keen to work with new talent". NDTV. Indo-Asian News Service. 27 June 2013.
- "Reality shows a tough act: Rapper Hard Kaur". The Hindu. 29 May 2009.
- "NRIs are preferred in India: Hard Kaur". The Times of India. 27 March 2009.
- Sassy singer Hard Kaur eyes Bollywood By ApunKaChoice, 24 January 2008.
- "It's a wrap". The Hindu. 30 August 2008.
- "Rapper Hard Kaur eyeing acting career in Bollywood". The Financial Express. 10 March 2010.
- BBC Review: "Britain's premier female Asian rapper finally releases her debut album..." BBC, 17 January 2008.
- "UK Asian Music Awards nominees announced – The Asian News". menmedia.co.uk. 18 January 2008. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- Nazhat (8 March 2008). "The UK Asian Music Awards 2008". desiblitz.com. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "Hard Kaur recalls struggle to get known in Britain". NDTV Movies/Indo-Asian News Service. 31 October 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Iti Shree, Misra (22 October 2012). "Hard Kaur makes the alcohol anthem of India with her song Peeney Do". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Hard Kaur hurts Sikh sentiments, turns abusive at Chandigarh Show – YesPunjab
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hard Kaur.|
- Hard Kaur All Songs Download At DJMobmix
- Hard-Kaur video interview
- More about Hard Kaur at Singh is King.co.uk
- Official MySpace Page
- Interview with Hard Kaur at Besharam.co.uk
- Fighting it out: Hard Kaur at Fried Eye