|Born||29 July 1979|
|Origin||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Genres||Rap, hip hop, Bollywood music|
|Associated acts||Hiphop Tamizha, Country Chicken|
Hard Kaur was born in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, where her mother ran a small beauty parlour in the house. When she was young, she lost her father and her mother's beauty parlour was burnt a few days after her father's death. Her paternal grandparents asked her mother to leave their house and wanted to keep her brother with them. Subsequently she, her brother and her mother moved to Hoshiarpur to her maternal grandparents house, where they stayed for the next couple of years.
In 1991, her mother remarried a British citizen and her family moved to Birmingham, England, where her mother started working and studying to eventually open a beauty salon. Meanwhile, Hard Kaur did her schooling. After developing interest in hip-hop she started her music career as a rapper.
She recorded the song "Ek Glassy" and was top for the UK then in 2007 rapped for Sriram Raghavan's movie Johnny Gaddaar's song "Paisa Phek (Move Your Body)." Since then she has sung in movies like Ugly Aur Pagli ("Talli"), Singh Is Kinng, Kismat Konnection, Bachna Ae Haseeno, Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, and Prince.
Kaur performed at Live Earth India, 2008.
In October 2012, Hard Kaur released her second music album titled Party Loud All Year: P.L.A.Y. The album, produced in collaboration with Sony music, featured ten songs, all of which were written and composed by her. The most successful song of the album was Mujhe Peeney do.
In 2013 – she collaborated with composer Ram Sampath and Rajasthani folk singer Bhanvari Devi for Coke Studio India. In the song Katey or Kathe – Bhanvari Devi's part is a Rajasthani folk song which is dedicated to Lord Krishna (Saanwariyo) and Rap by Hard Kaur – written by herself in which she express her personal life journey. At the time of elections, she composed a song "Karle Tu Voting" to spread awareness about voting. Hard Kaur composed a song for FIFA World Cup named "Goal Mar Goal Mar". The song aptly describes fan frenzy and is sung in Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali & South language too. She has also written the lyrics for the song.
In June 2019 a first information report was lodged against her for comments about Yogi Adityanath and Mohan Bhagwat. In August 2019 her Twitter account was suspended after she posted a video abusing Amit Shah and Narendra Modi with Khalistan Supporters.
- Voodoo Hill (1997)
- Supawoman (2007)
- Party Loud All Year: P.L.A.Y (2012)
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (soundtrack, 2009)
- The Rising - Volume 1 (mixtape, 2017)
|2007||Johnny Gaddar||Move Your Body||Hindi||Special Appearance in Song|
|2008||Kismat Konnection||Move Your Body|
|Bachna Ae Haseeno||Lucky Boy|
|Ugly Aur Pagli||Tali|
|2009||Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani||Follow Me|
|Main Tera Dhadkan|
|2011||Patiala House||Laung Da Lashkara||First Feature Film|
|Rola Pae Gaya|
|F.A.L.T.U.||Char Baj Gaye|
|Faltu Title Track|
|2013||ABCD: Any Body Can Dance||Sadda Dil Vi Tu (Ga Ga Ga Ganpati)|
|Vanakkam Chennai||Chennai City Gangsta||Tamil|
|2014||Babloo Happy Hai||Babloo Happy Hai||Hindi|
|The Shaukeens||Aashique Mizaz|
|2015||Dilliwali Zaalim Girlfriend||Zaalim Dilli|
|2017||OK Jaanu||Kaara Fankaara||Hindi|
|2009||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3||Hindi||Contestant|
|2010||Comedy Circus Ke Taansen||Hindi||Special Appearance with Krushna and Sudesh|
|2012||Bigg Boss 6||Hindi||Guest|
|2016||Box Cricket League||Hindi||Player in Ahmedabad Express|
- "An interview with rapper Hard Kaur". MiD DAY. 1 March 2009.
- "I don't want typical 'ladki' roles: Hard Kaur". The Times of India. TNN. 5 October 2013. Archived from the original on 6 October 2013.
- Jaspreet Nijher (26 May 2013). "I did not abuse anyone: Hard Kaur". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 8 June 2013.
- Shaheen Parkar (25 September 2013). "Hard Kaur in a verbal tussle at a Bandra nightspot". Mid Day.
- "Hard Kaur turns composer, keen to work with". NDTV. Indo-Asian News Service. 27 June 2013.
- Rajiv Vijayakar (18 July 2008). "Kaur competency". Screen. Archived from the original on 2 March 2010.
- "Reality shows a tough act: Rapper Hard Kaur". The Hindu. 29 May 2009.
- "NRIs are preferred in India: Hard Kaur". The Times of India. 27 March 2009. Archived from the original on 11 August 2011.
- Sassy singer Hard Kaur eyes Bollywood By ApunKaChoice, 24 January 2008.
- "It's a wrap". The Hindu. 30 August 2008.
- "Rapper Hard Kaur eyeing acting career in Bollywood". The Financial Express. 10 March 2010.
- BBC Review: "Britain's premier female Asian rapper finally releases her debut album..." BBC, 17 January 2008.
- "UK Asian Music Awards nominees announced – The Asian News". menmedia.co.uk. 18 January 2008. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- Nazhat (8 March 2008). "The UK Asian Music Awards 2008". desiblitz.com. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "Hard Kaur recalls struggle to get known in Britain". NDTV Movies/Indo-Asian News Service. 31 October 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Iti Shree, Misra (22 October 2012). "Hard Kaur makes the alcohol anthem of India with her song Peeney Do". The Times of India. TNN. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Jun 19, TNN | Updated; 2019; Ist, 20:52. "UK based singer Hard Kaur booked for her remarks against Bhagwat, Yogi | India News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 August 2019.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "The Hard Line". The Indian Express. 21 June 2019. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- "Hard Kaur Challenges Modi, Shah in Video With Khalistan Supporters".
- "Hard Kaur posts video abusing PM Narendra Modi and Amit Shah. Twitter suspends her account". India Today. Ist. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- "PM मोदी, अमित शाह के लिए हार्ड कौर ने इस्तेमाल की भद्दी भाषा, ट्विटर ने सस्पेंड किया अकाउंट". aajtak.intoday.in (in Hindi). Retrieved 13 August 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hard Kaur.|