Hard Rock Casino Vancouver
|Hard Rock Casino Vancouver|
|Address||2080 United Boulevard
Coquitlam, British Columbia
|Opening date||October 13, 2001|
|Theme||Rock and Roll|
|Total gaming space||80,000 sq ft (7,400 m2)|
|Signature attractions||The Molson Canadian Theatre|
Neptune Chinese Kitchen
The Buffet in Unlisted
|Owner||Great Canadian Gaming|
|Previous names||Coquitlam Casino; Boulevard Casino|
|Renovated in||2006: Casino expansion, new show theatre, 1,600-vehicle 6-level parkade
Hard Rock Casino Vancouver (formerly Boulevard Casino) in Coquitlam, British Columbia is the largest casino in the province of British Columbia by gaming space. The casino is open 24 hours a day, is owned by Great Canadian Gaming, and features:
- 80,000 sq ft (7,400 m2) casino
- 1000 slot machines
- 70 table games including blackjack, roulette, baccarat, craps, etc.
- Poker room (5 tables)
- High-limit room with 10 tables for baccarat and 2 private tables.
- 1,600-vehicle 6-level parkade as well as an outside parking lot.
According to their 2006-07 annual report, Boulevard Casino was the third most profitable gaming venue in B.C., bringing in more than $158 million for the year (up $28.9 million over the previous year). The increase is attributed to the new show theatre, where the casino sees up to 5,000 guests on show nights.
The funding agreement with the province means the casino must give 10% of its net take to the city of Coquitlam. In 2010 Coquitlam received $8.2 million, which the city put into a community group fund and into major capital projects, such as the new Chimo Aquatic and Fitness Centre in 2008, the Percy Perry Stadium renovation in 2009, the Coquitlam Sports Centre renovation in 2010, and the new City Centre Public Library in 2011.
The casino re-branded itself as Hard Rock Casino Vancouver on December 20, 2013 after an agreement with the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino (Las Vegas).
As part of the 2006 expansion, the new 1,074-seat The Molson Canadian Theatre was opened on-site. The casino features seven additional food and drink venues, including:
- Asylum (Bar/Restaurant with Stage)
- Unlisted (Lounge/Restaurant)
- Neptune Chinese Kitchen (Upscale Chinese Cuisine)
- Fu Express (QSR - Asian Cuisine)
- Chip's (QSR - Gourmet Sandwiches)
- Roadies' (QSR - Gourmet Burgers)
- Fuel Cafe (QSR - Coffee and Snacks)