Hard seltzer or spiked seltzer is a carbonated alcoholic beverage. Brands include Henry’s Hard Sparkling Water’s, Bon & Viv, SpikedSeltzer, Truly, WhiteClaw, High Noon Sun Sips, Nauti, DRTY Hard Seltzer, Polar, Smirnoff, Nude and Nütrl. Part of the appeal of the drinks is that they are lower-calorie than some other alcoholic beverages. They are typically fermented with sugar instead of malted barley, yielding a beverage low in sugar and carbohydrates.
The beverage has seen a spike in popularity around 2018–2019.
- Biron, Bethany (2019-07-30). "How White Claw and hard seltzer became beloved by American bros". Business Insider. Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- "Spiked Seltzer Is Now Out-Selling All Craft Beer – Best Spiked Seltzers". Delish.com. Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- Ritzen, Stacey. "Best White Claw Memes: Why Has the Hard Seltzer Gone Viral?". Dailydot.com. Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- "Everyone is Drinking Hard Seltzer. Here's How You Can Make it at Home". Craft Beer & Brewing.
- "Best Alcoholic Drinks That Are Like Spiked Seltzer – Beverage of Summer 2020". Esquire.com. 2018-07-26. Retrieved 2019-08-03.
|This drink-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|