This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cultural origins||Late 1990s; Russia, Latvia, Poland and Germany|
|Typical instruments||Digital audio workstation, sequencer, sampler, synthesizers, drum machine|
|Derivative forms||UK hardcore, hard bounce|
|Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Kaliningrad, Riga, Warsaw, Berlin, Košice, Bratislava|
Hardbass or hard bass (Russian: хардбасс, tr. hardbass, IPA: [xɐrdˈbas] is a subgenre of electronic music which originated from Russia during the late 1990s, drawing inspiration from UK hard house, bouncy techno, Scouse house, and hardstyle. Hardbass is characterized by its fast tempo (usually 150–175 BPM), donks, distinctive basslines (commonly known as "hard bounce"), distorted sounds, heavy kicks and for the past few years occasional rapping. Hardbass has become a central stereotype of the gopnik subculture. In several European countries, so-called "hardbass scenes" have sprung up, which are events related to the genre that involve multiple people dancing in public while masked, sometimes with moshing involved. From 2015 onward, hardbass has also appeared as an internet meme, depicting Slavic and Russian subcultures with the premiere of the video "Cheeki Breeki Hardbass Anthem". In January 2018, Polish nationalists from Poznań's All-Polish Youth together with the "Sturm Poznań's" group organized a counter-demonstration of "White Hardbass!" during the Feminist, and pro-abortion "Black Protest" in Poznan. Counter-demonstrators dressed in white overalls danced the piece "Raz Raz Raz" by the group "Hardbass School". The abortionists from the black protest used against peaceful counter-demonstrators of the police who led them out of the Black Protest.
Most notable artists
|≡Р Э Д Л А Й Н≡ (RedlineLucario)||Russia|
|Hard Bass School||Russia|
|Euskal Bass (TonnHB & Joan X)||France|
|Gotxo & Gatxi||France|
Notable songs and albums
|apartje.||″Cheeki Breeki Hardbass Anthem″|
|DJ Blyatman||″Tsar Bomb″|
|DJ Blyatman (featuring Life of Boris)||″Slav King″|
|DJ Mike||"Black Jack"|
|DJ Snat||"Choose Your Power"|
|Euskal Bass||"Hard Bass Crew Anthem (Original Mix)"|
|Gopnik McBlyat||″Snakes in Tracksuits″|
|Gopnik McBlyat||″Szpion Detector″|
|Gopnik McBlyat (featuring uamee)||″Monolith″|
|Hard Bass School||″Narkotik Kal″|
|Hard Bass School||″Opa Blia″|
|Hard Bass School||″Nash Gimn (Hard Bass Adidas)″|
|Hard Bass School||"The Album"|
|Hard Bass School||″Slav″|
|≡Р Э Д Л А Й Н≡||″Anomaly - Twitch Highlights 6 (≡Р Э Д Л А Й Н≡ Remix)"|
|≡Р Э Д Л А Й Н≡||″The Juiciest Tuffin vs Savant - Mother Russia Hardbass (≡Р Э Д Л А Й Н≡ Mashup)"|
|≡Р Э Д Л А Й Н≡||"DОИКАИ's miasteczko"|
|Sonic Mine||"Hardbass Attack"|
|Sonic Mine||"Scream for DJ"|
|Sonic Mine||"Пика - патимэйкер (Sonic Mine ПАМП Remix)"|
|Sonic Mine||"Puta Bass"|
|Sonic Mine||"Hot Times"|
|uamee (featuring HBKN)||"Gopnitsa"|
|uamee||″High Quality Nahui″|
|uamee (featuring Life of Boris and Professional Gopnik)||″LADA″|
|XD Project||″Hardbass Wadowice″|
|XS Project||″Bochka, Bass, Kolbaser″|
|XS Project (featuring Life of Boris)||″Red Roubles″|
|XS Project||"Meanwhile in Russia (Take me to Russia)”|
|Жестянщики||"Давай сука давай"|
- Hard Bass Crew - This label was created in march 2011 by Dr Poky to connect his hardbass friends from all over Europe. In few months Hard Bass Crew was represented in many countries by local dance team, DJ's & hardbass producers from each country, but all over the world.
- Jutonish - This label was formed in 2002 by Juran & Harley (Juran & Harley Productions). The style of the releases are pumping house, hardbass, hard house and speed garage.
- FTH8TER5 Records - A Polish label, founded by Clubbasse to release the music by Members of Pumpingland.
- Progressive Фактор - Probably the most successful pumping house/hardbass label, created by XS Project (Levon and Andrey) in St. Petersburg.
- Corecube Records - A scouse house/bouncy hard house/hardbass label, founded by Denis Evchenko (Dj Satana) in 2009 in Gatchina, Russia.
- O-Mode Records - A bumping/hardbass/poky label, based in Bilbao, Spain and owned by Gari Seleckt.
- Bumping For Life Records - A Spanish bumping/hardbass/poky label.
- Dark'Hade Records - A hardbass and metal shade label, founded by Silicium Criminy in France.
- UNDERTUNE Records - A Russian label, founded in 2017 in St. Petersburg by Stomp Foot (Топ нога). The main focus of the music label is of different underground styles of electronic music relevant to a particular period of time.
- Eror, Aleks. "Russia's Hard Bass Scene is Completely Insane". Noisey. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- apartje. (5 Oct 2015). "Cheeki Breeki Hardbass Anthem – Youtube". Youtube. Retrieved 26 February 2018.