From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Hardwick and Hardwicke are common place names in England—this is from the Old English pre-7th century word "heorde", meaning a "herd or flock", with "wic", which like the later Viking word "thorp" described an outlying farm or settlement, which was dependent on a larger village. In some cases, "Hardwick" and "Hardwicke" are interchangeable and the spelling has evolved over time.

Places in England[edit]

Hardwick in England[edit]

Hardwicke in England[edit]

Places elsewhere[edit]



New Zealand[edit]

The Netherlands[edit]

United States[edit]


  • Hardwick Clothes, the oldest manufacturer of tailor-made clothing in the United States
  • Hardwick Stove Company, a former cooking appliance manufacturer merged with Maytag in 1981

Other uses[edit]

See also[edit]