The A61 from Leeds city centre to Harrogate passes through the village. The A659 from Collingham joins the A61 outside the main entrance to Harewood House (// HAR-wuud) to descend the slopes of the Wharfe valley before continuing towards Pool-in-Wharfedale.
The Harewood Arms public house and hotel is opposite the entrance to the Harewood Estate.
Other facilities in the village include a Post Office, a medical centre, mobile library, community cafe, and a village hall.
Harewood C of E Primary School is a state-funded faith school which stands opposite the grounds of the Harewood estate on the A61 and was built by the estate in 1864 for estate workers' children. In 2005 and 2008 the school was awarded "outstanding" grading following Ofsted inspections. The school maintains its historic links with the estate, the children regularly use its grounds and educational facilities.
Harewood House, a country house was designed by architects John Carr and Robert Adam, and built between 1759 and 1771 for Edwin Lascelles, 1st Baron Harewood. Its garden of more than 100 acres (40 ha) is set in a landscape of 1,000 acres (400 ha) designed by Lancelot "Capability" Brown.
All Saints' Church
All Saints' Church, the former parish church, stands to the west of the village, in the grounds of Harewood House which was built in the 18th century. The village was relocated in the late 18th century, leaving the church isolated from the village population. It is a Grade I listed building but is no longer used regularly for worship and is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Nerighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- Local Post Office recorded at Post Office opening hours website.
- Emmerdale behind the scenes – filming locations revealed
- Latest OFSTED inspection report available online.
- Referenced at the school website Archived 27 December 2015 at the Wayback Machine..
- "Gardens & Grounds". Harewood House. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- ""Capability" Brown Timeline". Harewood House. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
How big is the "Capability" Brown landscape at Harewood? His design conservatively covers 1000 acres of land.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harewood, West Yorkshire.|