Hari Shankar Tiwari
Tiwari was the first public figure in Indian political history to be elected to the legislature from prison. Elected from chillupar, he remained a member of the legislative assembly for 23 years continuously. He has been a cabinet minister at the State Assembly in several governments, including the Kalyan Singh (Bharatiya Janata Party) government (1997–1999). He was also a minister in the Mulayam Singh Yadav (Samajwadi Party) government (2003–2007). He was cabinet minister from Chillupar, Barhalganj. He is regarded leader of the Brahmin community of Uttar Pradesh.
Nephew Ganesh Shankar Pandey was a state legislator from Maharajganj. In 2010 he won the MLC election for the fourth consecutive time, and is currently the speaker of the legislative council. He was succeeded by Rajesh Tripathi.
- From Democracy to Kleptocracy. "Shankar Jha". Manushi. Retrieved 2007-05-12.Extracts from the Affidavit Submitted to the Venkatswamy Commission
- Geeta Pandey (2007-05-07). "Politics and public service". BBC News. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- Purnima S. Tripathi (October 11–24, 2003). "L'affaire Amarmani". Frontline (magazine), Volume 20, Issue 21. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- 50 करोड़ डॉलर जुटाएगी इंडियन ऑयल
- Detailed Profile - Shri Bhishma Shanker Alias Kushal Tiwari - Members of Parliament (Lok Sabha) - Who's Who - Government: National Portal of India
- Empowering India - Making democracy meaningful, Know our Representative & Candidate
- SP wrests Ballia seat in bypolls
- Madhumita case: CBI charge sheet
- "3 from UP among top 10 criminal MPs in 15th Lok Sabha". Daily Excelsior. 2009-05-21.