This article uncritically uses texts from within a religion or faith system without referring to secondary sources that critically analyze them. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Haridhos Giri - Guruji
|Died||Sept 4, 1994|
|Guru||Sivaratna Giri, Gnanananda Giri|
|Honors||Hindu Revivalism, Founded Panduranga Temple, Thennangur|
Haridhos Giri (Hari-daas), affectionately called Guruji ,was born in the month of Margali(January) in the tamil calendar with the birth star of Utharattathi. He was born in town of Thiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu, South India.
Swami Haridhos Giri has gone to a lot of countries and has given so many awesome speeches and sang bhajans of Dakshina Bharatha Sampradaya. He is the Chief Disciple of Swami Gnanananda Giri. He devoted his entire life to serve his guru, Gnanananda Giri. During his time, he established spiritual haven in Thennangur-Dakshina Halasyam in South India. Haridhos Giri built temple of Panduranga, shrine of his beloved guru Gnanananda Giri and also has built cottages for devotees to stay, temples, and canteen. Swami Haridhos Giri saved for 14 years and built the place.
He traveled all over the world including Singapore, Malaysia and other countries to spread Namasankeerthanam as he was instructed by his guru Gnanananda Giri. He has thousands of devotees all over the world.
He attained Jala samadhi at Koteswar, its around 3 km north of Rudraprayag/Himalayas in the year 1994. There is a Hindu temple dedicated to Koteswar Mahadev in Koteswar. Namananda Giri, Principal Disciple of Haridhos Giri built Bhajan Platform in memory of Swami Haridhos Giri and dedicated to him.
- Tourist Guide to South India/ Sura Pvt Ltd/Thennangore Radhekrishna Temple - Pg 31
- Religion-State Encounters in Hindu Domains:From the Straits Settlements to Singapore/Vineeta Sinha- pg 198
- Sri Krishna leela tarangini, Volume 2/Mudgala Trust, 1990 - Pg 443
- Haridhos Giri, the chief disciple of Swami Gnanananda Giri
- Haridhos Giri, GA Trust
- Sri Gnanananda Nama Sankirtana Mandali of Malaysia The message Sri Haridhos Giri/ Chief Disciple of Swami Gnanananda Giri got from the Swamji Gnananada Giri is: "When people praise you many do not become egoistic but ignore them in all humility. And do not be worried about the insults thrown at you likewise. Then you will settle down well". This is equally a message to us all to see such a Great Guru is to know Him: "To know Him is to know God, for God and Guru are one and the same".
- Swami Haridhos Giri Seva Samajam/ Ashram(Malaysia) of Chief Disciple of Swami Gnanananda Giri "After many years, he got off his Samadhi, came back to the mutt and made Sri Gnanananda Giri Swami as the “Peedathipathi”. After that the great saint renounced the world and became one with god." said Swamji Nama Nanda Giri/Chief Disciple of Sri Haridhos Giri
- GA Trust - The World Movement Sri Sathguru Swamigal's padhadhi had all features to make it a world movement. The honour of engaging in this divine task feel on the lot of Swami Sri Haridhos Giri, the chief disciple of Swami Gnanananda Giri of Tapovanam. On initiation into sanyasa, the young Sri Haridhos Giri Swamigal had nothing else to seek except the lotus feet of his Guru Maharaj.