Chikkaballapura, Karnataka, India
|Other names||Hariprriya, Haripriya Chandra|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Haripriya was born as Shruthi in Chikkaballapura, Karnataka. She studied at Vidya Mandir and completed her Pre-University Course (PUC). Due to her brother, she moved to Bangalore, where she learned Bharatanatyam and received acting assignments. Her grandfather was a theatre personality, whom she then followed as an actress.
Haripriya used to participate in cultural programmes. When she was studying in 12th class, director Richard Castelino saw stills of her from the programmes and offered her the female lead role in the Tulu film Badi. She made her Kannada film debut in Manasugula Mathu Madhura (2008), following which she was part of unsuccessful ventures such as Vasanthakala. Her performance in the political satire Kallara Santhe (2009) earned her a Filmfare nomination for Best Kannada actress, while her next film Cheluveye Ninne Nodalu released to rave reviews, making Haripriya popular in Karnataka. In 2010, she also forayed into the Tamil and Telugu film industries with Kanagavel Kaaka, and Bhumika Chawla's maiden production, Thakita Thakita, respectively, with the latter emerging a moderate success. After that, she become busy with Tamil and Telugu projects, working on Cheran's Muran in Tamil and Pilla Zamindar in Telugu. She was also part of the political drama Mukhyamantri I Love You, produced in 2008, which has not been released.
In 2012, Haripriya debuted in Malayalam with Thiruvambadi Thampan. In her third Telugu film Abbayi Class Ammayi Mass she played a call girl  and she did a two-week-long workshop to get into the character. 2014 she returned to Kannada cinema with the gangster film Ugramm. The New Indian Express wrote, that it was "a strong performance by Haripriya, who is natural in her act". The film went on to become a major commercial success and she was said to have made a "sensational comeback to Kannada films". Sify wrote that Ugramm "did wonders to Haripriya" as she subsequently offered more Kannada projects. She accepted to be part of the big banner films, Ranna and Rikki  as well as the comedy film Bullet Basya. In Rikki she would reportedly play a naxalite, for which she was instructed her to lose half her weight. She has completed filming for Ranathantra that she had signed before Ugramm.
Haripriya's next release after Ugramm was Galata. In Tamil, she has Vaaraayo Vennilaave coming up, while her next Telugu release would Eee Varsham Sakshiga in which she plays Seetha Mahalakshmi who, she said, "is modern, yet has a traditional outlook"  She was also reported to have signed the Malayalam film Bhadrasanam, a sequel to the popular Anandabhadram in which she was said to play an airhostess who is also a medical college student.
|2007||Badi||Tulu||Credited as Shrutipriya|
|2008||Manasugula Mathu Madhura||Kannada|
|Male Barali Manju Irali||Nayana||Kannada|
|Kallara Santhe||Roopa||Kannada||Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada|
|2010||Cheluveye Ninne Nodalu||Kannada|
|Thiruvambadi Thamban||Anjali Narayanan||Malayalam|
|2013||Abbai Class Ammai Mass||Neeru||Telugu|
|2014||Ugramm||Nitya||Kannada||Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada|
|Ee Varsham Sakshiga||Seetha Mahalakshmi||Telugu|
- TNN May 28, 2013, 04.01PM IST (2013-05-28). "Haripriya is Hariprriya from now on - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- Apr 9, 2012, 04.25PM IST. "Haripriya Chandra enjoyed shooting with elephants - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "Haunting Beauty Hariprriya". IndiaGlitz. 28 February 2008. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Cinema Plus / Columns : my first break – HARIPRIYA". The Hindu. India. 10 October 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Looking for substance". Deccan Herald. India. 21 January 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Haripriya – The Hot Babe!". Bellitere.com. 22 September 2008. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Cheluveye Ninne Nodalu Kannada Movie Review – cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". IndiaGlitz. 7 August 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- Shekhar Hooli (9 August 2010). "Cheluveye Ninna Nodalu gets awesome welcome". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Hari Priya, the Takita Takita girl". Sify.com. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Haripriya, the southern spice – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Charmed by the City". Deccan Herald. India. 17 October 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "I’m never offered plum projects: Haripriya – Times Of India". The Times of India. 9 September 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Karnataka's political drama now on 70mm!". Rediff.com. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- Ammu Zachariah, TNN Dec 10, 2011, 02.03PM IST (2011-12-10). "Haripriya: Mollywood calling! - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- TNN May 21, 2013, 12.00AM IST (2013-05-21). "Haripriya plays call girl in her Telugu film - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "Haripriya to play a call girl - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-05-08. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- TNN Sep 27, 2013, 10.55AM IST (2013-09-27). "I’ve huge expectations from Ranatantra: Vijay - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "Shoot of Haripriya's next Telugu film on track - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-11-11. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "Haripriya signs next in Tamil - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-07-12. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- TNN Apr 2, 2013, 03.52PM IST (2013-04-02). "Haripriya is now Seetha Mahalakshmi! - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "Haripriya’s hope". The Hindu. 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2013-11-17.