Harish Chandra Postgraduate College
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Principal||Dr OP Singh|
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, 221001, India|
|Campus||Urban Government collage|
|Language||English & Hindi|
Harish Chandra Postgraduate collage is a government collage and one of the oldest college in Maidagin, Varanasi, India A government collage that offers undergraduate and postgraduate.The p.hD. degree programs are running in most of the departments.It was founded in 1860 by Bharatendu Harishchandra and opened in 1866 with five students.Addimission is done through entrence exam conducted by the collage every yearThe college campus is now fully circulated by WiFi from oct 2018 onwards</ref>
In 1860, the Harish Chandra Vidyalaya Samiti (a non-profit charitable institution registered under Indian Society Act 1860) was incorporated and the same year Harish Chandra Postgraduate College was founded by Bharatendu Harishchandra. The college opened in 1866 with five students. In 1910, the institution started high school, and in 1939 intermediate classes were started.
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (March 2018)
- 1860: Harish Chandra Vidyalaya Samiti registered.
- 1860: Harish Chandra Postgraduate College founded.
- 1866: College opened with five students.
- 1910: High school classes started.
- 1939: Intermediate classes started.
- 1951: Affiliation with Banaras Hindu University.
- 1958: Law classes recognised.
- 1960: College shifted its affiliation to the Gorakhpur University.
- 1960: Commenced B.Ed. course.
- 1963: Commenced B.Sc. (Mathematics) course.
- 1974: Commenced B.Sc. (Biology) course.
- 1987: College shifted its affiliation to the Purvanchal University.
- 2009: College shifted its affiliation to the Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith.
Harish Chandra Postgraduate College's management is headed by a team of 16 members. The team consists of a president, one secretary, seven members, the college principal, four teacher representatives and a non-teaching staff representative.
The principal is responsible for all aspects of college's operations, administration, planning, support services, faculty appointments, curricula and student affairs. The principal is appointed by and reports to the management committee of the college.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Lal Bahadur Shastri: Second Prime Minister of India.
- Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala: 23rd Prime Minister of Nepal
- Dr. Sampurnanand: Second Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- Tribhuvan Narain Singh: Sixth Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and Governor of West Bengal
- Brigadier Mohammad Usman: Highest-ranking officer of Indian Army killed in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1947.
- Govind Jaiswal IAS
- Dr.Neelkanth Tiwari MLA Varanasi (South) and minister of State Uttar pradesh government
- "About". Official website. Retrieved May 2015. Check date values in:
- "Location". Latlong.net. Retrieved May 2015. Check date values in:
- "History". Official website. Retrieved May 2015. Check date values in:
- "Management". Official website. Retrieved May 2015. Check date values in: