|Alma mater||Osmania University|
Sanganabhatla Harish Shankar is an Indian film screenwriter, dialogue writer, actor and director known for his works exclusively in Telugu cinema, and Telugu theater. He made his directorial debut with Shock (2006), produced by Ram Gopal Varma.
He has directed Mirapakay (2011), Gabbar Singh (2012); for which he received the SIIMA Award for Best Director, and CineMAA Award for Best Director. Gabbar Singh grossed ₹150 crore (US$21 million) worldwide, becoming one of the highest grossing Telugu films at the time. Ramayya Vasthavayya (2013) grossed a worldwide share of ₹309 million (US$4.3 million) and Duvvada Jagannadham (2017) grossed ₹ 115.10 crore, both of which were directed by him.
Harish Shankar was born in Dharmapuri, a Town in Jagtial District, Telangana, into a Telugu speaking Brahmin family. He has an younger brother, Vishnu Prasad, and a younger sister. He studied at Osmania University.
Shankar started stage acting with Seeta Nilayam and Lalitha kala Mandiram, based in Telangana. He then began writing and screenwriting. He is influenced by Yandamuri Veerendranath's works and is interested in dialects, regional and linguistic influences. He was associated with Kona Venkat, Puri Jagannadh, Ram Gopal Varma, and has worked as an associate director for films such as Ninne Istapaddanu, and Veede.
|2006||Shock||Ravi Teja, Jyothika|
|2011||Mirapakay||Ravi Teja, Richa Gangopadhyay, Deeksha Seth|
|2012||Gabbar Singh||Pawan Kalyan, Shruti Haasan||Remake of Dabangg|
|2013||Ramayya Vasthavayya||N. T. Rama Rao Jr., Samantha, Shruti Haasan|
|2015||Subramanyam For Sale||Sai Dharam Tej, Regina Cassandra|
|2017||Duvvada Jagannadham||Allu Arjun, Pooja Hegde|
|2019||Gaddalakonda Ganesh||Varun Tej, Atharvaa, Pooja Hegde, Mirnalini Ravi||Remake of Jigarthanda|
|2021||Friday Times||Ram Pothineni, Yogi Babu, Anupama Parameswaran|
|2003||Ninne Istapaddanu||Tarun, Sridevi||Co-writer and actor|
|2004||Naa Autograph||Ravi Teja, Bhoomika||Co-director|
|2005||A Film by Aravind||Rajeev Kanakala, Richard Rishi||Actor|
|2008||Chintakayala Ravi||Venkatesh, Anushka||Co-writer|
|2009||Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam||Siddarth, Tamanna||Co-writer|
|2012||Nippu||Ravi Teja, Deeksha Seth||Cameo appearance|
|2003||Ninne Istapaddanu||College student||also Co-writer|
|2005||A Film by Aravind||Shankar|
|2005||Modati Cinema||Harish||also worked as Associate.|
|2018||Sammohanam (2018 film)||Himself||Cameo role|
- "Harish Shankar interview on Gabbar Singh". Eenadu Newspaper. Archived from the original on 1 March 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Harish Shankar criticises critics at 'Duvvada Jagannadam' Thank You Meet!". 28 June 2017.
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (20 September 2015). "'Subramanyam for Sale' is for families" – via www.thehindu.com.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (15 October 2013). "Rooted in commerce" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Gabbar singh highest grosser in south". India Today. Archived from the original on 12 March 2015.
- "Box Office Collection: Jr NTR's 'Ramayya Vastavayya' Business Will be Closed Soon". International Business Times India. 21 October 2013. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "DJ lifetime box office collection: Duvvada Jagannadham". ibtimes.
- "'Duvvada Jagannadham' quick review". 23 June 2017 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Harish Shankar Interview". idlebrain.com.
- "Interview : Harish Shankar – NTR has a great sense of humour - 123telugu.com". www.123telugu.com.
- "Harish Shankar goes nostalgic as his directorial debut 'Shock' completes 15 Years - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- "Pawan Kalyan and Harish Shankar to team up for #PSPK28 - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
- "'PSPK 28': Pawan Kalyan to team up with Harish Shankar for a Mythri movie". Deccan Herald. 1 February 2020. Retrieved 5 May 2020.