|Born||August 22, 1924
Jamani village, Hoshangabad district, Madhya Pradesh, British India
|Died||August 10, 1995
He was born in Jamnia village near Itarsi in Hoshangabad district, Madhya Pradesh. He completed his M.A. in Hindi from R.T.M. Nagpur University. He also served as a pilot in the World War 2. After pursuing writing along with his service for some time, he quit his job and took writing as a full-time career. He settled in Jabalpur (M.P) and started a literature magazine called Vasudha. Despite it being highly praised, he had to stop the magazine after the publication suffered economic losses.
The great satirist left this world on August 10, 1995 in Jabalpur.
- Hari Shankar Parsai used to give answers of readers in a column "POOCHHIYE PARSAI SE" in a Hindi News paper DESHBANDHU published from Raipur and Jabalpur.
- Premchand Ke Phate Jootey (प्रेमचंद के फटे जूते)
- Jaisé Unké Din Firé (जैसे उनके दिन फिरे)
- Vaishnav Ki Fislan (वैष्णव की फ़िसलन)
- Tirchchi Rekhayein (तिरछी रेखाएं)
- Nindaa Ras (निंदा रस)
- Thithurta Hua Ganatantra (ठिठुरता हुआ गणतन्त्र)
- Hanste Hai Rote Hai(हँसते है रोते है)
- Tab Ki Baat(तब की बात)
- Sadachar Kaa Taabij( सदाचार का तावीज)
- Bhoot Ke Paon Peeche(भूत के पाँव पीछे)
- Rani Naagphani Ki Kahani (रानी नागफनी की कहानी)
" Short Novels"
- Tut Ki Khoj( तट की खोज)
- Jwala Aur Jul(ज्वाला और जल)