Harkisan Laldas Mehta
25 May 1928
|Died||3 April 1998 (aged 69)|
|Occupation||Author and journalist|
Mehta was born in Mahuva near Bhavnagar, Gujarat on 25 May 1928. He completed his school education from M. N. Highschool in Mahuva. He studied till inter Arts. He married on 10 February 1953 in Matunga, Mumbai. He served as an editor of Gujarati weekly, Chitralekha, from 1958 to 1998. He died on 3 April 1998 in Mumbai following heart attack.
His thrillers and novels include Jagga Dakuna Verna Valamana, Amirali Thugna Pila Roomalni Ganth, Chambal Taaro Ajampo, Maanas Name Gunegar, Sansari Sadhu, Bhed Bharam, Dev Danav, Ant Aarambh, Paap Pashchatap, Jog Sanjog, Jad Chetan, Sambhav Asambhav, Tarasyo Sangam, Pravah Paltayo, Mukti Bandhan, Shesh Vishesh, Vansh Vaaras, Bhagya Saubhagya, Lay Pralay. He coauthored Doctor Roshanlal with Vaju Kotak, the founding editor of Chitralekha.
His novels have also been translated in other languages like Urdu and Tamil.
His several novels are adapted into Hindi television series and plays. Mukti Bandhan (in 2011 on Colors TV) was adaptation of Mukti Bandhan. Other examples are Khamoshi adapted from Jad Chetan, Jeevan Mrityu (Sony TV ) adapted from Bhed Bharam, Waqt Ki Raftar adapted from Vansh Varas, Sambhav Asambhav (2003, Sony TV) adapted from Sambhav Asambhav.
- Shah, Saurabh, ed. (28 February 2003). Harkishan Mehta: Sarjan Visarjan (Collection of Articles on the Life and Work of a Harkishan Mehta). Rajkot: Pravin Prakashan Pvt. Ltd. OCLC 52929273.
- "સર્જન-વિસર્જન – હરકિસન મહેતા". Readgujarati.com (in Gujarati). 18 December 2007. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Shah, Saurabh. "'મારો પ્યૂન જોઈતો હોય તો એને પણ લઈ જાવ'". Mumbai Samachar (in Gujarati). Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Jack Canfield; Mark Victor Hansen; Raksha Bharadia (21 November 2013). CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE INDIAN GOLDEN SOUL. Westland. p. 91. ISBN 978-93-80658-22-3.
- શાહ, સૌરભ (9 July 2009). "મારા તંત્રીઓ-૩ હરકિસન મહેતા: આખાબોલા, અડીખમ અને એકાગ્ર". Saurabh Shah Online (in Gujarati). Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Mehta, Deepak. "ધારાવાહિક નવલકથાને ઊની આંચ નહિ આવે". Opinion (in Gujarati). Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- કૃતેશ (29 July 2011). "હરકિસન મહેતા,Harkisan Mehta". ગુજરાતી પ્રતિભા પરિચય (in Gujarati). Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "શમી ગઈ એક મૂગી ચીસ : હરકિસન મહેતાની "તુલસી"નું નહીં આવ્યું હેપ્પી એન્ડીંગ". Khabarchhe.com (in Gujarati). 28 May 2015. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Shah, Saurabh. "પોતાનું વિસર્જન કરીને પાત્રોનું સર્જન કરનારા". Mumbai Samachar (in Gujarati). Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Reincarnation Drama". TheHindu.com. April 29, 2003.