This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Harlan Marshall Jacobson|
February 15, 1949
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
|Alma mater||Haverford College|
|Occupation||Film critic, editor|
|Notable credit(s)||Variety Film Journalist (1973-1980)|
Film Comment Editor-In-Chief (1982-1990)
USA Today correspondent
WFUV On-Air Film Critic
WBGO On-Air Film Critic
For the Love of Movies: The Story of American Film Criticism (2009)
Manufacturing Dissent (2007)
Harlan Marshall Jacobson (born February 15, 1949) is an American film critic and scholar.
Harlan Jacobson is an established film critic who has interviewed numerous actors, musicians, directors, and producers over his 30 year career, some of whom include Martin Scorsese, Spike Lee, Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola , Robin Williams and Mia Farrow.
Jacobson's interview with Michael Moore ("Michael & Me") in the December 1989 edition of Film Comment Magazine for the film Roger & Me sparked an international debate over the methodology of Moore's misrepresentation of then General Motors CEO Roger Smith in the film.
His work has appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The LA Times, USA Today , Newsday, The Toronto Star, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Boston Globe and many other national news publications.
From 1982 to 1990 Harlan Jacobson was the Editor in Chief of Film Comment Magazine. He continues to contribute articles and interviews to this day.
Jacobson was a contributing author in Variety's History of Show Business (Abrams, 1993), Jim Jarmusch's Stranger Than Paradise (Univ. Mississippi Press / 2001) as well as Steven Soderbergh's The King of Cannes: Truth or Consequences (Univ. Mississippi Press / 2002).
In 1992, Jacobson and his wife Susan created the national sneak preview and discussion program Talk Cinema , a multi-city film discussion series for film lovers, which has early showings of new films with comments by a local critic and audience participation. Talk Cinema Travels hosts guided tours to international film festivals in Cuba, Iceland, Israel, Spain, California and to a variety of other regional and international festivals.
Harlan Jacobson's Interview with Francis Ford Coppola for Film Comment Magazine. 
List of Harlan Jacobson's USATODAY articles. 
- Haverford College Bio on Harlan Jacobson 
- IMDB profile for Harlan Jacobson 
- Cannes Film Festival 2005 for USA Today
- Cannes Film Festival 2005 2 for USA Today
- Toronto Film Festival 2005 for USA Today
- Talk Cinema at the Ritz 16 in Voorhees, NJ
- For the Love of Movies: The Story of American Film Criticism 2009
- Gothenburg Film Festival 2012 
- Cannes Film Festival 2012 Philadelphia Inquirer 
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 Philadelphia Inquirer 
- Talk Cinema Highland Park 2013 as reported in The Chicago Tribune
- Sundance Film Festival 2014 Philadelphia Inquirer 
- Cannes Film Festival 2014 Philadelphia Inquirer 
- Cannes Film Festival 2014 WHYY 
- Cannes Film Festival 2015 Philadelphia Inquirer 
- Cannes Film Festival 2016 Philadelphia Inquirer 
- Cannes Film Festival 2016 WBGO-FM