Harlan K. Ullman
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Harlan Kenneth Ullman (born March 15, 1941), is Chairman of the Killowen Group that advises leaders of government and business; Chairman of CNIGuard Ltd and CNIGuard Inc, engaged in protection of critical infrastructure; Senior Advisor of the Atlantic Council in Washington, DC; and active on a number of private boards. A former naval officer, he has commanded destroyers as well as Swift Boats in Vietnam in over 150 combat patrols and actions.
He currently chairs the Killowen Group and CNIGuard PLC, in the infrastructure protection sector; is Senior Advisor at the Atlantic Council; Arnaud deBorchgrave Distinguished UPI Columnist(www.atlanticcouncil.org)and also served as a Presidential Fellow at Polytechnic University of New York.
Ullman was the principal author of the doctrine of "shock and awe" and was a product of the National Defense University of the United States. This concept is technically known as "rapid dominance" and is a military doctrine based on the use of "overwhelming decisive force," "dominant battlefield awareness," "dominant maneuvers," and "spectacular displays of power" to "paralyze" an adversary's perception of the battlefield and destroy his will to fight.
- In Harm's Way: American Seapower and the 21st Century by Harlan K. Ullman, 1991, Bartleby Press, ISBN 978-0910155182
- Shock and Awe - Achieving Rapid Dominance, Harlan K. Ullman and James P. Wade, with L.A. "Bud" Edney, Fred M. Franks, Charles A. Horner, and Jonathan T. Howe, 1996, National Defense University, reprint edition 2008: Forgotten Books ISBN 978-1606801505
- Unfinished Business: Afghanistan, the Middle East, and Beyond—Defusing the Dangers That Threaten America's Security by Harlan Ullman, forward by John S. McCain, Citadel, 2002 ISBN 978-0806524313
- Owls and Eagles: Ending the Foreign Policy Flights of Fancy of Hawks, Doves, and Neo-Cons, 2005, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, ISBN 978-0742549302
- America's Promise Restored: Preventing Culture, Crusade, and Partisanship from Wrecking Our Nation by Harlan Ullman, 2006, Carroll & Graf, ISBN 978-0786717583
- A Handful of Bullets: How the Murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand Still Menace the Peace, 2014, Naval Institute Press, ISBN 978-1612517995
- Anatomy of Failure: Why America Loses Every War It Starts, 2017, Naval Institute Press, ISBN 978-1682472255
- Coester, Steve. "Shipmate Column - Class of 1963-June-July 2006". www.usna63.org.
- "Harlan Ullman: A Handful of Bullets - Pritzker Military Museum & Library - Chicago". pritzkermilitary.org.
- "A HANDFUL OF BULLETS: How the Murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand Still Menaces the Peace - U.S. Naval Institute". usni.org.
- "Harlan Ullman". www.nndb.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harlan K. Ullman.|