Harlem station (CTA Blue Line Congress branch)
|Location||701 South Harlem Avenue
Forest Park, Illinois 60130
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Structure type||Surface Level|
|Opened||March 20, 1960|
|Passengers (2015)||386,381 5.2% (CTA)|
|Rank||126 out of 143[a]|
Harlem is a station on the 'L' system, serving the Blue Line's Forest Park branch in Forest Park, Illinois. The station was built with an auxiliary entrance at Circle Avenue that was eventually converted to an exit only facility. The Circle Avenue entrance repoened as an auxiliary entrance/exit on September 26, 2009, at 4 PM.
Harlem opened in 1960 and is composed of a main entrance on Harlem Avenue and an auxiliary entrance on Circle Avenue, providing access to the station's platform. Harlem is open 24/7 365 days a year as part of the overnight service of the Blue Line and an annual total of 346,005 passengers have boarded the station in 2012. The station is not to be confused with the Blue Line's other station on Harlem Avenue that is located on the Kennedy Expressway portion of the line.
|G||Ground level||Entrance/Exit, station building|
|Southbound||← Blue Line toward Forest Park (Terminus)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Blue Line toward O'Hare (Oak Park) →|
- 307 Harlem
Notes and references
- Due to possible double-counting of physically-connected stations, the CTA's official 2015 tally of stations was 146, but for ridership purposes reported having only 143 stations.
- "CTA to Open New Congress Right of Way". Chicago Daily Tribune. March 20, 1960. p. W3.
- "Congress CTA on Permanent Right of Way". Chicago Daily Tribune. March 20, 1960. p. 25.
- "Monthly Ridership Report – December 2015" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority Ridership Analysis and Reporting. January 11, 2016. Retrieved March 11, 2016.
- "Changes to Circle Avenue Exit at the Harlem Station on Forest Park Branch" (Press release). CTA. 2009-09-25.
- "2012 Annual Ridership Report" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority. transitchicago.com. Retrieved October 20, 2013.
Media related to Harlem (CTA Blue Line Congress branch) at Wikimedia Commons
- Harlem (Congress Line) Station Page
- Circle Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Harlem Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harlem (CTA Blue Line Congress branch).|
|This article relating to the Chicago Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|