Harlem Shakes performing in 2007
|Origin||New York, NY|
Harlem Shakes were an American indie rock band from New York, formed in 2006 and signed to Gigantic Music. Prior to their signing, they released the 2007 EP Burning Birthdays. The band disbanded in September 2009 after a hiatus following the release of their first full-length album, Technicolor Health.
The group's guitarist, Todd Goldstein, is still actively producing music under the name ARMS. The group's drummer, Brent Katz, is also still actively involved in the indie music scene. Katz continues to produce music in his solo/side-project, Thunder & Lightning, which has released an album entitled Kangaroo Court.
- Burning Birthdays (2007)
- Moerder, Adam (May 17, 2007). "Harlem Shakes: Burning Birthdays EP". Pitchfork Media.
- Green, Jonah. "NYC Band Thunder And Lightning Has An Un-Googleable Name". Huffington Post. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "Technicolor Health – Harlem Shakes". Allmusic. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Burning Birthdays – Harlem Shakes". Allmusic. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Harlem Shakes (official site)
- Q+A with Lexy Benaim of The Harlem Shakes at ZapTown
- 'Shakes broke up' - article at BrooklynVegan
|This article about a United States alternative rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|