This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2013)
|Alma mater||University of Toronto, University of Western Ontario|
|Occupation||Celebrity personal trainer, co-host of The Revolution|
|Known for||5 Factor Diet|
Harley Samuel Pasternak (born August 6, 1974) is a Canadian-American personal trainer, motivational speaker, author, television host and spitter. Pasternak is known for his books The Body Reset Diet and The 5-Factor Diet, along with working with many celebrity clients as a personal trainer. Pasternak is known mainly to most audiences as one of the co-hosts of ABC's 2012 daytime talk show, The Revolution.
Pasternak graduated from York Mills Collegiate Institute, and holds an honors degree in kinesiology from the University of Western Ontario, and a master's degree in Exercise Physiology and Nutritional Sciences from the University of Toronto.
During his time at U of T, Pasternak served as a Nutrition and Exercise Scientist at Department of National Defence's DCIEM (Defence and Civil Institute for Environmental Medicine) from 2005–2007. As a scientist, Harley focused on performance physiology and nutrition, with a specialty in caffeine and ephedrine. His work was published in the scientific journal, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise in June, 2003, and in The Canadian Journal of Sports Medicine. Harley is also certified by the American College of Sports Medicine and is an IDEA Master Trainer.
Pasternak's Celebrity client list includes: Adam Levine, Behati Prinsloo, Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Megan Fox, John Mayer, Amy Schumer, Ariana Grande, Charlie Puth, Jessica Simpson, Julianne Hough, Robert Pattinson, Pusha T, Jason Sudeikis, Katherine Langford, Gwyneth Paltrow, Brad Falchuk, Jordana Brewster, Tobey Maguire, Rihanna, Mac Miller, Jennifer Hudson, Nina Dobrev, Gwen Stefani, Nathan Fillion, Abigail Spencer, Usher, Tracee Ellis Ross, Jack Black, Common, Eliza Dushku, Seth Rogen, Robert Downey Jr., Halle Berry, Amanda Seyfried, Kate Beckinsale, Maria Menounos, Bono, Milla Jovovich and Alicia Keys.
In 1999, Dr. Marvin Waxman introduced Pasternak to producer Don Carmody, who hired Pasternak to work with Jim Caveziel and cast on his film, ‘Angel Eyes’. After several subsequent films, Carmody hired Pasternak to train Halle Berry, Robert Downey Jr., and Penélope Cruz on the set of 'Gothika' in Montreal.17 Berry suggested Pasternak move permanently from Toronto to Los Angeles to continue to work together, which he did.
In 2004, Berry played the title role in Catwoman, a role for which she trained exclusively with Pasternak. Berry's fit body made headlines which in turn led to a great deal of press word-of-mouth about Pasternak's physical training and nutrition advice. Press coverage included The Oprah Winfrey Show, where Pasternak was invited to discuss how he helped her get into shape.1 Winfrey suggested that he write a book about his program. The book, 5-Factor Fitness: The Diet and Fitness Secret of Hollywood's A-List was published in 2005 and became an international best-seller.
In addition to his hosting on The Revolution, Pasternak has made multiple appearances on American and Canadian morning daytime talk shows and news programs, along with serving as a guest judge on Germany's Next Topmodel and Canada's Next Top Model. Pasternak has been a frequent contributor on The Today Show as well as Good Morning America. Additionally, Pasternak co-stars in all three seasons of Khloe Kardashian's series Revenge Body.
||Angel Eyes||Personal Trainer|
|2002||The Shield||Personal Trainer|
|2003||Wrong Turn||Fitness Trainer-Uncredited
|2003||Cold Creek Manor||Personal Trainer|
|2003||Tru Calling||Personal Trainer|
|2003||Gothika||Trainer: Halle Berry
|2004||Catwoman||Trainer: Halle Berry|
|2005||Their Eyes Were Watching God||Personal Trainer|
|2005||Elizabethtown||Personal Trainer -Uncredited
|2005||Slow Burn||Personal Trainer|
|2006||Something New||Personal Trainer- Uncredited|
|2006||X-Men: The Last Stand||Personal Trainer: Halle Berry and Ben Foster|
|2006||Smokin' Aces||Personal Trainer: Alicia Keys and Common|
|2007||The Hitcher||Personal Trainer|
|2007||Knocked Up||Personal Trainer: Katherine Heigl|
|2007||We Own The Night||Personal Trainer: Eva Mendes|
|2008||Forgetting Sarah Marshall||Personal Trainer: Jason Segal and Paul Rudd|
|2008||The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor||Personal Trainer: Brendan Fraser|
|2008||Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous||Fitness Trainer: Jessica Simpson|
|2008||Twilight||Personal Trainer: Rob Pattinson|
|2008||Bedtime Stories||Personal Trainer: Teresa Palmer|
|2008||The Spirit||Fitness Trainer: Gabriel Macht|
|2009||I Love You, Man||Fitness Trainer: Jason Segal and Paul Rudd|
|2009||Funny People||Fitness Trainer: Seth Rogan|
|2009||A Perfect Getaway||Fitness Trainer: Milla Jovovich|
|2009||Whip It||Fitness Trainer: Ellen Page|
|2009||The Twilight Saga: New Moon||Personal Trainer: Rob Pattinson|
|2010||Dear John||Personal Trainer: Amanda Seyfried|
|2010||You Don't Know Jack||Personal Trainer: Al Pacino|
|2010||Just Wright||Personal Trainer: Common|
|2010||Get Him to the Greek||Fitness Trainer: Jonah Hill|
|2011||The Green Hornet||Fitness Trainer: Seth Rogan|
|2014||the Giver||Fitness Trainer: Odeya Rush|
|2015||Trainwreck||Fitness Trainer: Amy Schumer|
|2015||Goosebumps||Fitness Trainer: Jack Black|
|2017||Snatched||Personal Trainer: Amy Schumer|
|2017||Flatliners||Personal Trainer: Nina Dobrev and Diego Luna|
|Jumanji 2||Personal Trainer: Karen Gillen
|2018||Alpha||Personal Trainer: Kodi Smit-McPhee|
Pasternak appears as himself doing a fitness routine with Megan Fox in the 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film. He also appeared as himself as Jessica Simpson's personal trainer in Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous in 2008.
Pasternak has published four books, which have been listed on the New York Times bestselling list and been published in fourteen languages, with sales in 29 countries.
- 5-Factor Fitness (Putnam Penguin)
- 5-Factor Diet (Ballantine Books)
- 5-Factor World Diet (Viking Books Canada)
- The Body Reset Diet (Rodale)
- The Body Reset Diet Cookbook (Viking Books Canada)
- "5 Pounds" (Rodale)
In 2015, Pasternak partnered with appliance manufacturer Salton to create a branded blender, The Harley Pasternak Power Blender. 
Harley's 5 Factor Workout, an exercise video series and DVD based on his popular book ‘5 Factor Fitness’, was released in 2009.
As an extension of his ‘5 Factor’ brand, Pasternak created a line of fitness products under his ‘5 Factor’ brand including The HarleyBar, a patented barbell design that appeared on QVC, HSN and the Shopping Channel. He also developed a snack line, including snack bars and chips,8 and a 5 Factor meal delivery program with meal delivery service provider Sunfare.
In 2012, Majesco Entertainment released ‘Harley Pasternak’s Hollywood Workout’, an exergame for Wii and Xbox 360 in 2012, which used a motion captured Harley leading his signature workouts.
Pasternak had also developed a series of limited edition Harley Pasternak branded athletic shoes with footwear manufacturer New Balance.
In November 2018, The Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts named Pasternak as their Global Fitness Ambassador. Since then, Pasternak has been responsible for the renovation and design of the gyms at Four Seasons Montreal, Four Seasons Anguilla, Four Seasons Philadelphia, and The Four Seasons One Dalton in Boston.
- Jacobs I, Pasternak H, Bell DG (June 2003). "Effects of ephedrine, caffeine, and their combination on muscular endurance". Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 35 (6): 987–94. doi:10.1249/01.MSS.0000069916.49903.70. PMID 12783047.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- "Harley Pasternak". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 9 October 2012.
- "Star Clients". Archived from the original on 4 October 2012. Retrieved 9 October 2012.
- "Hollywood's Hottest Celebrity Trainers". US Weekly. 2011-05-26. Retrieved 9 October 2012.
- "Harley Pasternak Kicks Off His PEOPLE.com Blog". People.com.
- Rubin, Courtney (2013-03-13). "A Trainer to the Stars Who's a Star-to-Be". The New York Times. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- Delap, Leanne. "Trainer Harley Pasternak's appeal ranges from Halle Berry to normal folk". thestar.com. Toronto Star. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- ""The Oprah Winfrey Show" Episode dated 25 May 2004 (TV Episode 2004)". IMDB. imdb.com. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- Dedic, Jenna. "Meet the Trainer: Harley Pasternak from ABC's the Revolution | Fitness Magazine". Fitness. Fitness Magazine, Meredith Corporation. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "ABC Keeps 'General Hospital' On, Cancels 'The Revolution', Adds 'GMA' Afternoon Show For Summer". Deadline Hollywood. 2012-04-11.
- Harley Pasternak on training celebrity Megan Fox (television). Toronto: BT Toronto. 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-09-08. Retrieved September 7, 2014.
- "Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Appoints Harley Pasternak to Global Fitness Advisor". Four Seasons Press Room. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- Shurvell, Joanne. "New Four Seasons Hotel In Montreal Is A Design And Culinary Gem". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-09-02.
- "Four Seasons Anguilla debuts just in time for Caribbean Season". Travel for Senses. 2016-10-25. Retrieved 2019-09-02.
- Resorts, Four Seasons Hotels and. "A Skyline Redefined: Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center Crowns City's Tallest Building". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-09-02.
- "Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Street, Boston By the Numbers". Four Seasons Press Room. Retrieved 2019-09-02.
- "Fitness Center | Viceroy Los Cabos". Viceroy Hotels & Resorts. Retrieved 2019-09-02.
- "Luxury Hotels & Resorts". The Ritz-Carlton. Retrieved 2019-09-02.