Harley Quinn (TV series)
by DC Comics
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||DC Universe|
Harley Quinn is an upcoming American adult animation web television series based on the Harley Quinn character created by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm that is set to premiere in October 2019 on DC Universe. The series is set to be written and executive produced by Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker, and Dean Lorey and will follow the misadventures of the Joker's psychotic ex-girlfriend and partner-in-crime, Harley Quinn, and her best friend, Poison Ivy.
Cast and characters
- Kaley Cuoco as Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
- Lake Bell as Dr. Pamela Isley / Poison Ivy
- Diedrich Bader as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Alan Tudyk as Joker
- Ron Funches
- Wanda Sykes
- Natalie Morales
- Jim Rash
- Giancarlo Esposito
- Jason Alexander
- J. B. Smoove
- Tony Hale as Dr. Edgar Cizko / Doctor Psycho
- Christopher Meloni as Commissioner James Gordon
- Rahul Kohli as Dr. Jonathan Crane / Scarecrow
On November 20, 2017, it was announced that the then-unnamed DC Universe had ordered 26 episodes of Harley Quinn, a half-hour adult animated action-comedy series created and written by Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey. Executive producers were set to include Halpern, Schumacker, Lorey, and Sam Register with Jennifer Coyle serving as a producer. Production companies involved in the series were slated to consist of Ehsugadee Productions and Warner Bros. Animation.
In June 2018, it was announced that the series would premiere in 2019. In October, it was further mapped as an October 2019 premiere. It was also reported that Kaley Cuoco would also serve as an executive producer for the series through her production company Yes, Norman Productions.
Alongside the series order announcement, it was reported that the producers of the series were expected to approach Margot Robbie, who portrays the character in the DC Extended Universe, to reprise the role. Other characters expected to be featured in the series included the Joker, Poison Ivy, Sy Borgman, Doctor Psycho, Malice Vundabar, King Shark, and Clayface.
On October 3, 2018, it was announced that Cuoco would voice Harley Quinn and Lake Bell would voice Poison Ivy. Additional voice actors in the series include Alan Tudyk as Joker, Ron Funches, J. B. Smoove, Jason Alexander, Wanda Sykes, Giancarlo Esposito, Natalie Morales, Jim Rash, Diedrich Bader as Batman (reprising his role from Batman: The Brave and the Bold), Tony Hale, and Christopher Meloni as James Gordon. Shortly after, Rahul Kohli revealed he would voice Scarecrow in the series.
Harley Quinn has tentatively been scheduled by DC Universe to be released from mid-October 2019 through early 2020. On October 3, 2018, ahead of the annual New York Comic Con, a teaser trailer featuring Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and Batman was released.
- Melrose, Kevin (June 28, 2018). "Harley Quinn Will Aim For Legion of Doomh in Her New Cartoon". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- Agard, Chancellor (October 3, 2018). "Kaley Cuoco to star in 'Harley Quinn' series: 'It has definitely been empowering'". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Drum, Nicole (October 3, 2018). "Diedrich Bader Voices Batman in 'Harley Quinn' Teaser". ComicBook.com. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- Melrose, Kevin (October 25, 2018). "Alan Tudyk to Voice The Joker in Harley Quinn Animated Series". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on October 26, 2018. Retrieved October 26, 2018.
- "'Harley Quinn': Alan Tudyk Explains How His Joker Is Different Than Mark Hamill's". Comicbook.com. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
Here's a funny story, Tony Hale plays Psycho, Doctor Psycho (...)
- Kohli, Rahul [@RahulKohli13] (October 11, 2018). "Well I've been given the go ahead to let you guys know one of the new projects I've been working on! Mans is the voice of SCARECROW! #HarleyQuinn" (Tweet). Retrieved October 11, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 21, 2017). "'Harley Quinn': DC Digital Service Orders Animated Series About Comic Book Villainess From 'Powerless' Trio". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on February 26, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (June 28, 2018). "DC Universe Streaming Service Set To Launch With Live-Action 'Titans', 'Doom Patrol', & 'Swamp Thing'". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on July 10, 2018. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
- Ridgely, Charlie (October 4, 2018). "DC Universe Originals Release Schedule Revealed". Comicbook.com. Archived from the original on October 13, 2018. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- Boucher, Geoff (October 3, 2018). "Kaley Cuoco To Voice Harley Quinn In DC Universe Series; Watch New York Comic Con Preview". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Sanchez, Toni (February 7, 2018). "EXCLUSIVE: Cast Of Characters Confirmed For New Animated Harley Quinn Series - Page 2 of 2 - That Hashtag Show". That Hashtag Show. Archived from the original on February 14, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Moore, Rose (February 7, 2018). "Animated Harley Quinn TV Show Characters Revealed". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on February 27, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Schwerdtfeger, Conner (February 8, 2018). "The Harley Quinn TV Show Will Probably Feature The Joker And More Awesome DC Villains". Cinema Blend. Archived from the original on February 27, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Radulovic, Petrana (October 4, 2018). "Harley Quinn cartoon trailer makes fun of Deadpool and DC's dark, gritty movies". Polygon. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 4, 2018.