Harmony: A New Way of Looking at Our World
|Author||Charles, Prince of Wales
|Awards||Nautilus Book Award|
Harmony: A New Way of Looking at Our World is 2010 book written by Charles, Prince of Wales with Tony Juniper and Ian Skelly. The book focuses on the world's environment which includes climate change, architecture and agriculture which the Prince of Wales usually addresses. The book has been translated into many different languages. There is also a children's edition of Harmony.
Harmony: A New Way of Looking at Our World received favorable reviews.
International Making Cities Livable Council stated, "Harmony is truly a wise book. It shows how all the areas the Prince has addressed in the past – architecture and planning, agriculture, education, the arts, healthcare, society and economy – have all suffered as a result of our disconnect from Nature. Through outstanding examples and best practices, he shows how each field is beginning to heal through the exemplary work of individuals and groups around the globe."
Climate sight.org wrote, "Harmony: a New Way of Looking at our World is beautifully bound, with thick, glossy pages full of photographs that take you on a visual journey of the natural and architectural wonders of the world. They further stated, Prince Charles explored a wide array of fascinating subjects that never managed to bore me. From the mathematical relationships found in the biosphere, to the importance of agricultural crop diversity in a changing climate, to the fascinating stream of engineering known as biomimicry, to the history of Islamic architecture…they may seem unrelated, but in fact all lead back to the importance of sustainability, in every sense of the word, and the incredible wisdom and beauty that can be found in nature."
In a review in The Guardian, Rowan Moore said that the book contains a number of "amateurish" mistakes, and is also inconsistent in its use of science—embracing scientific evidence when it supports a belief in climate change, but ignoring scientific evidence that casts doubt on alternative medicine.
Awards and recognitions
In 2010, a documentary aired on the NBC channel which the Prince of Wales narrated. The documentary was directed by Academy Award and Directors Guild Award nominee Stuart Sender. The New York Times called it "breathtaking and beautifully filmed."
- "Our Thoughts on Harmony: A New Way of Looking at Our World". livablecities.org. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Harmony: a New Way of Looking at our World". climatesight.org. 7 February 2011. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Moore, Rowan (2010-11-06). "Harmony by HRH Prince Charles, Tony Juniper and Ian Skelly – review". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- "Documentary: ‘Harmony, A New Way of Looking At Our World’". Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Zelman, Joanna (2010-11-19). "'Harmony': Prince Charles Of Wales' New Environmental Film Is A Call For Action (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Prince Charles Dishes Dirt (the Organic Kind)". nytimes.com. 18 November 2010. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "2011 Nautilus Award Gold Winners". Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Neild, Barry (28 April 2012). "Robert Redford praises Prince Charles's film at Sundance festival". Guardian. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
|This article about a book on the environment is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|