Harmony Township, Clark County, Ohio
|Harmony Township, Clark County, Ohio|
Fields in western Harmony Township
Location of Harmony Township in Clark County
|• Total||51.0 sq mi (132.0 km2)|
|• Land||50.8 sq mi (131.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,109 ft (338 m)|
|• Density||70/sq mi (27.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085853|
Harmony Township is one of the ten townships of Clark County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 3,577 people living in the township, 3,193 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Pleasant Township - north
- Somerford Township, Madison County - northeast
- Union Township, Madison County - east
- Paint Township, Madison County - southeast
- Madison Township - south
- Green Township - southwest corner
- Springfield Township - west
- Moorefield Township - northwest
Name and history
Harmony Township was founded in 1818.
Statewide, the only other Harmony Township is located in Morrow County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Harmony township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- The History of Clark County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County; Its Cities, Towns, Etc. W. H. Beers and Company. 1881. p. 635.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.