Harmony Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||September 12, 1854|
|• Total||37.58 sq mi (97.3 km2)|
|• Land||37.58 sq mi (97.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||666 ft (203 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||318|
|• Density||8.7/sq mi (3.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62316, 62321, 62367|
Harmony Township is one of twenty-four townships in Hancock County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 326 and it contained 153 housing units. It was formed from Carthage and Chili townships on September 12, 1854.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.58 square miles (97.3 km2), of which 37.58 square miles (97.3 km2) (or 100%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Denver at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Browning, Denver, Harmony, Immanuel Lutheran, Mount Pleasant, Ramsey and Scott.
Airports and landing strips
- Mabry Landing Strip
- McPherson Airport
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Southeastern Community Unit School District 337
- Illinois's 18th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Harmony Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.