Harmony Township is one of ten townships in Posey County, Indiana. As of the 2000 census, its population was 1,473.
Harmony Township was organized in 1821. A large share of the first settlers being Harmonites caused the name to be selected.
The James Elliott Farm and New Harmony Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Leffel, John C. (1913). History of Posey County, Indiana. Standard Publishing Company. p. 78.
- ^ History of Posey County, Indiana: from the earliest times to the present. Goodspeed Publishing Co. 1886. p. 278.
- ^ Staff (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.