|Elevation||748 ft (228 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||270 & 364|
|GNIS feature ID||493771|
Harned is an unincorporated community in Breckinridge County, Kentucky, United States. Harned is located on U.S. Route 60, 3.2 miles (5.1 km) southeast of Hardinsburg. Harned has a post office with ZIP code 40144.
A post office was established in the community, then known as Layman, on June 6, 1890. Six months later it was named for early local land owner Henry Harned, a native of Virginia who moved there shortly after the Civil War and donated the site for the depot and gave a right-of-way for the Louisville, Hardinsburg & Western Railroad.
- "Harned". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- State Primary Road System: Breckinridge County (PDF) (Map). Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. 2012. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- Rennick, Robert M. (1987). Kentucky Place Names. University Press of Kentucky. p. 131. ISBN 0813126312. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
|This Breckinridge County, Kentucky state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|