Harold Davies (actor)
Harold "Harry" Davies is from a legal family of long reputable standing; his father was made one of the first black members of the Queen's Counsel after his successful work in the wake of the Mau Mau Uprising where he successfully defended the then President Jomo Kenyatta having been nominated by the Crown.
On completing his secondary education at Shoreham Grammar School where he took A levels before going on to a pre-university course in Bembridge, Isle of Wight, Harold Davies then started his studies at the University of Oxford . Following graduation, he left for Italy, where he was to spend two decades in Media and Broadcast.
Harold Davies' very first television job was beginning and ending a show hosted by Italian Comedian and Actor Pippo Franco by telling a joke.
What followed was a 20-year tour through Italy's national television stations and some of their most important network programming, as well as a hectic schedule of public appearances ranging from holding down a position as presenter of a prime time radio show broadcast on Italian radio from California, to acting in mainstream Italian cinema alongside veteran actor Carlo Verdone and making regular appearances on TV shows including Buona Domenica, the Italian version of Wheel of Fortune, The Price Is Right and Striscia la notizia (a tongue-in-cheek news show broadly similar to Have I Got News for You), as well as presenting his own show VIP Mania.
In 1991, Silvio Berlusconi (former Prime Minister of Italy) asked Harold Davies to be his personal crowd warmer each time he had to give a speech. Before long, his performances had become an integral part of Berlusconi's public appearances across Italy.
Harold Davies now lives and works in the UK . He has been an active member of the Rotary Club as well as enjoying giving speeches, motivational and otherwise, raising money for charity and acting as a mentor and life coach,After recent Law studies, he has ventured into the fundraising Arena whilst he maintains very close and regular working ties with Italian television and radio.
Selected work experience
- 2004-present: Motivator and Speaker for International Corporations . Fundraiser, Presenter and Auctioneer.
- 1997 - 2004: Presenter and entertainer at the Forte Village Resort in Sardinia.
- 2001: Actor in Once there was a Chinese in a Coma (C'era un Cinese in Coma) directed by Carlo Verdone
- 1997 - 1998: Presenter of the TV show VlP Mania-Summer (VIP Mania Estate).
- 1997: DJ with Radio RTL 102 RTL_102.5 on the show Trading Places (Una Poltrone per Due)
- 1996 - 1997: Interviewer on TV show "House by House" (Casa per Casa)
- 1995 - 1996: Actor in Film "Chicken Park" with Jerry Calà(Director).
- 1995: Actor in Kids of the Night (Ragazzi della Notte) directed by Jerry Calà
- 1995: TV Presenter for news on National TV Open Studio (Studio Aperto) with Paolo Liguori (Editor)
- 1994 - 1997: Presenter of TV show VIP Mania on Italia 7.
- 1994: Cabaret performer on TV show Advertising Oscar Awards (Oscar della Pubblicita`)
- 1993 - 1995: Actor in numerous episodes of "Candid Camera Show" (Scherzi a parte)
- 1993 - 1995: Judge and presenter/host on TV show Buona Domenica, a daytime weekend staple of Italian TV with Gerry Scotti and Umberto Smaila.
- 1992 - 1994: Cast member of TV show "Have you Heard the latest?" (La Sai l'Ultima?) with Pippo Franco (Leading Italian comedian)
- 1992 - 1993: Commentator on Daily TV show Naturally Beautiful (Naturalmente Bella)
- 1992-1994: Commentator/translator on TV show Uno Maniawith Federica Panicucci
- 1990: Actor in The End of the Night (La Fine della Notte), directed by Davide Ferrario
Harold Davies has recorded a total of 12 albums, two film scores, numerous radio and commercial sales. Other notable TV guest appearances on Striscia la Notizia, the Maurizio Costanzo TV Show, 30 Ore per la Vita, The Great Big VIP Quiz (Quizzone VIP) The Truth about VIPs (La Verita' VIP), "Italian VIP Festival (Festival Italiano VIP), VIP Couple's Games (Gioco della Coppie), Give me the Pleasure VIP (Ma mi faccia ii Piacere VIP), The House of Mosca (Casa Mosca), The Wheel of Fortune VIP (La Ruota della Fortuna VIP), The Price is Right VIP (Il Prezzo e Giusto VIP).
He has provided voice services for innumerable commercials on radio in several languages, including Italian, French, German and English. He has been the official Presenter of the last two Miss Italia beauty pageant competitions held at the prestigious Forte Village Resort in Sardinia, Italy.
Professional and charitable membership
Harold Davies is a member of the Italian national club of Performing artists, the Oxford Rotary Club, the Clarendon Men's Club, the Società Italiana degli Autori ed Editori (SIAE - Italian society for singers and songwriters and Entertainers) and the SIULP (Honorary member of the Italian Syndicate of Police).