- See also Stern, Philippe Stern:
Harold Philip Stern (May 3, 1922 – April 3, 1977) was an American art historian and curator specializing in Asian art.
He worked at Freer Gallery of the Smithsonian Institution and served as its director from 1971 to 1977.
- Masterpieces of Korean art, 1957
- Masterprints of ukiyo-e hanga, 1960
- Rimpa: Masterworks of the Japanese decorative school, 1971
- The magnificent three: lacquer, netsuke and tsuba, 1972
- Ukiyo-e paintings, Freer Gallery art, 1973
- Birds, beasts, blossoms and bugs: the nature of Japan, 1976