March 16, 1969
Aichi Prefecture, Japan
|Notable awards||Kodansha Manga Award (1990 & 2002)|
Takahiro Sakuishi (Japanese: 作石貴浩 Hepburn: Sakuishi Takahiro?, born March 16, 1969), better known by his pen name Harold Sakuishi (ハロルド作石 Harorudo Sakuishi?), is a Japanese manga artist. Sakuishi has a wide variety of interests which include baseball (he is a huge Chunichi Dragons fan), martial arts, MMA, and music (he is a huge Red Hot Chili Peppers fan). Each of these has become the basis for his most popular series (baseball in Stopper Busujima, fighting in Bakaichi, and music in Beck). His series also often include character cameos from his past works; one of the newspaper reporters in Beck is actually from Stopper Busujima and so on. Additionally, he's a big fan of Sangokushi (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) with an altered version of that story appearing in Beck written by "Christy Sakuishi". In Beck he included many famous people in background crowds. These included many popular musicians, characters from Happy Sangokushi and MMA legends Royce Gracie and Kazushi Sakuraba.
- Gorillaman (1985)
- Bakaichi (1995)
- Stopper Busujima (1996)
- Beck (1999)
- Seven Shakespeares (2009)
- Rin (2012)
- Heavy Metal Thunder (2005)
- 7th Tetsuya Chiba Excellent Newcomer Award - Souwaikan (1987)
- 14th Kodansha Manga Award, general category - Gorillaman (1990)
- 26th Kodansha Manga Award, shōnen category - Beck (2002)
- "Beck's Sakuishi to Launch Seven Shakespeare Manga".
- Joel Hahn. "Kodansha Manga Awards". Comic Book Awards Almanac. Archived from the original on 2007-08-16. Retrieved 2007-08-21.