|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Born||26 May 1960
Port Elizabeth, Cape Province, South Africa
|Occupation||cricket administrator, businessman and chartered accountant|
|Known for||CEO, Cricket South Africa (current)|
Haroon Lorgat (born 26 May 1960) is a South African of Indian origin, businessman and chartered accountant. He was appointed Chief Executive of the International Cricket Council in April 2008 succeeding Malcolm Speed. Haroon Lorgat stepped down in June 2012. Lorgat was later roped in to join Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) as a consultant. He was appointed as chief executive of Cricket South Africa. Cricket South Africa withdrew its CEO Haroon Lorgat from not just its dealings with the Indian Board but also the ICC Chief Executives Committee pending an inquiry into his actions.
Life and education
Lorgat is of Indian descent, his family originating from a small village in north western India called Manekpore, Rethvania in the Indian state of Gujarat. Lorgat was raised and schooled in Port Elizabeth. He graduated from Rhodes University with a B.Com. In 1985 he completed training with a Big 4 firm and qualified as a Chartered Accountant. After working at IBM for a year he started his own professional practice in Johannesburg and Cape Town which, through a series of strategic mergers, finally integrated with Ernst & Young in 2002. Prior to his appointment at the ICC, Lorgat was Chief Executive of private equity investment firm Kapela Investment Holdings (based in Cape Town and Johannesburg) that he founded in December 2006.
Lorgat played provincial cricket for Eastern Province and Transvaal in the Howa Bowl. He played 76 first class matches  between 1974/75 and 1990/91. He was an allrounder and topped the batting averages in the 1985/86 season.
He has been married to Farah Ebrahim since 10 February 1985 and they have two children, Mohamed Zaheer and Naseera.
- Charlie Caroe (2008-04-04). "Haroon Lorgat appointed new head of ICC". London: www.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-04-08.
- Hopps, David (22 Nov 2011). "Haroon Lorgat to step down as ICC chief executive in 2012". The Guardian (London).
- "Lorgat likely to join SLC as consultant". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 25 July 2012.
- "CSA suspends Haroon Lorgat to salvage India's tour to South Africa - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 22 Oct 2013.
- "Haroon Lorgat". Who's Who of SA. Retrieved August 1, 2015.
- http://www.whoswhosa.co.za/Pages/profilefull.aspx?IndID=3145 Haroon Lorgat's profile at Who's Who South Africa