Harpers Ferry station
|Location||120 Potomac Street, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia|
|Owned by||National Park Service|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|2019||7,920 3.69% (Amtrak)|
Harpers Ferry Train Station
|Location||Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA|
|Part of||Harpers Ferry Historic District (ID79002584)|
|Added to NRHP||1979|
Harpers Ferry station is a railway station in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. It is currently served by Amtrak's Capitol Limited as well as MARC commuter service. Built by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, the station is part of the Harpers Ferry Historic District.
It is a wooden frame Victorian style building, dating from 1889. It sits on buried foundations of original Harpers Ferry armory buildings.
In 2007, the station was rededicated following a $2.2 million renovation, which included restoration of the station's tower.
|Outbound||← Brunswick Line toward Martinsburg (Duffields) |
← Capitol Limited toward Chicago (Martinsburg)
|Inbound||Capitol Limited toward Washington, D.C. (Rockville) → |
Brunswick Line toward Union Station (Brunswick) →
|Street level||Exit/entrance, station house, parking|
- "MARC Station Information". MTA Maryland. Retrieved May 29, 2020.
- "MARC Station Information". Maryland Transit Administration. Retrieved January 30, 2021.
- "WEST VIRGINIA - Jefferson County". National Register of Historic Places. American Dreams Inc.
- Harpers Ferry Planning Commission (November 1, 1978). "National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Harpers Ferry Historic District" (PDF). National Park Service. Cite journal requires
- "Harpers Ferry, WV station". Great American Stations. Amtrak. Retrieved October 3, 2014.
- Media related to Harpers Ferry (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Harpers Ferry, WV – Amtrak
- Harper's Ferry Amtrak-MARC Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) No. WV-86, "Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, Harpers Ferry Station, Potomac Street, Harpers Ferry, Jefferson County, WV", 38 photos, 1 color transparency, 14 measured drawings, 110 data pages, 4 photo caption pages