Harpers Ferry station
Harpers Ferry (WV) Amtrak-MARC Station
Potomac & Shenandoah Streets|
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
|Owned by||National Park Service|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Passengers (2017)||8,267 12.3% (Amtrak)|
Harpers Ferry Train Station
|Location||Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA|
|Part of||Harpers Ferry Historic District (#79002584)|
|Added to NRHP||1979|
Harpers Ferry station is a railway station in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. It is currently served by Amtrak's Capitol Limited as well as MARC commuter service. Built by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, the station is part of the Harpers Ferry Historic District.
It is a wooden frame Victorian style building, dating from 1889. It sits on buried foundations of original Harpers Ferry armory buildings.
In 2007, the station was rededicated following a $2.2 million renovation, which included restoration of the station's tower.
|G||Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Outbound||← Brunswick Line toward Martinsburg (Duffields)|
← Capitol Limited toward Chicago (Martinsburg)
|Inbound||Capitol Limited toward Washington, DC (Rockville) → |
Brunswick Line toward Union Station (Brunswick) →
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Ground level||Exit/entrance and parking|
MARC (2013): 104
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of West Virginia" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- Jefferson County Listings on the National Register of Historic Places
- Harpers Ferry Planning Commission (November 1, 1978). "National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Harpers Ferry Historic District" (pdf). National Park Service.
- "Harpers Ferry, WV station". Great American Stations. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- Media related to Harpers Ferry (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Harpers Ferry, WV
- Harper's Ferry Amtrak-MARC Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Harpers Ferry, WV (HFY) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) No. WV-86, "Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, Harpers Ferry Station, Potomac Street, Harpers Ferry, Jefferson County, WV", 38 photos, 1 color transparency, 14 measured drawings, 110 data pages, 4 photo caption pages
|This West Virginia train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|