|Address||100 East Front St.|
Metropolis, Illinois 62960
|No. of rooms||252|
|Total gaming space||36,000 sq. ft.|
|Notable restaurants||The Range Steakhouse|
|Operating license holder||Caesars Entertainment|
|Previous names||Players Island|
Harrah's Metropolis is a riverboat casino located on the Ohio River in Metropolis, Illinois. It opened in 1994 as Players Island, a joint venture between Players International and show business impresario Merv Griffin as one of the state's first casinos. The property became part of Harrah's Entertainment (now Caesars Entertainment) with its 2000 acquisition of Players International.  In October 2017, ownership was transferred to Vici Properties as part of a corporate spin-off, and the property was leased back to Caesars.
- Univ. of Nevada-Las Vegas Gaming Abstract: Harrah's Entertainment
- Harrahs.com: Corporate history Archived 2008-01-25 at the Wayback Machine
- "Vici Properties Inc., completes spin-off from Caesars Entertainment Operating Company" (Press release). Vici Properties. October 6, 2017 – via NewsBank.
- Form 424B4: Prospectus (Report). Vici Properties. February 2, 2018. pp. F-54 – via EDGAR.
- Wiesenberg, Michael (1 October 2005). The Ultimate Casino Guide: 1000 Great Casinos from America, Canada and Around the World. Sourcebooks. p. 89. ISBN 978-1-4022-0380-0.
|This article relating to a casino or gaming company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|