Harrap's Shorter French Dictionary
Harrap's Shorter French Dictionary, published by Chambers Harrap Publishers, is one of the best known English/French bilingual dictionaries in the United Kingdom and France. The eighth edition was published in April 2007.  In the United States it is sold under the title Harrap's French and English College Dictionary.
The Shorter is a single-volume dictionary which began life as an abridgement of the French Standard (now Harrap's Unabridged French Dictionary, now online at Harrap's Online, sold in two volumes and last revised in March 2007 ).
The first edition of the Shorter was published in two volumes, the French-English book in 1940 and the English-French four years later.  Revised editions were published in 1967, 1982, 1991, 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2007. In 2009 a new edition was published under the title Chambers French Dictionary.
- Pilard, Georges; Gearóid Cronin; Laurence Larroche; Anna Stevenson; et al. (2007). Harrap's Shorter French Dictionary. Edinburgh: Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd. ISBN 978-0-245-60772-1.
- Harrap's Online
- Chambers Harrap Publishers
- Harrap homepage
- Harrap France homepage
- Harrap's Shorter French Dictionary
- Harrap's Shorter French Dictionary Mobipocket version
- Harrap's Shorter French Dictionary CD ROM
- Harrap Shorter for mobile devices
|This article about a dictionary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|