Harrier Combat Simulator
|Platform(s)||Atari ST, Amiga, IBM PC, Commodore 64|
|Genre(s)||Flight simulation using a first-person perspective|
The player is the pilot in this Harrier-jet flight simulator. The player must master flying the jet, with its versatile horizontal and vertical thrust capabilities, and learn to control its advanced weaponry as well. The player character is the only jet fighter to survive an attack by saboteurs, and must destroy the enemy headquarters before the Sixth Fleet is destroyed. Most of the missions take place in Grenada; which was undergoing an American-led military invasion during the year 1984.
The game was reviewed in 1988 in Dragon #131 by Hartley, Patricia, and Kirk Lesser in "The Role of Computers" column. The reviewers gave the game 4 out of 5 stars. 1992 Computer Gaming World surveys of wargames with modern settings gave the game two stars out of five.
- Harrier Combat Simulator at GameFAQs
- Harrier Combat Simulator at MobyGames
- Lesser, Hartley; Lesser, Patricia; Lesser, Kirk (March 1988). "The Role of Computers". Dragon (131): 78–86.
- Brooks, M. Evan (June 1992). "The Modern Games: 1950 - 2000". Computer Gaming World. p. 120. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- Brooks, M. Evan (January 1994). "War In Our Time / A Survey Of Wargames From 1950-2000". Computer Gaming World. pp. 194–212.