Dame Harriet Jane Backhouse Findlay, DBE (12 March 1880 – 24 July 1954) was an English political activist and philanthropist.
She was the daughter of Sir Jonathan Edmund Backhouse, 1st Bt. (15 November 1849 – 27 July 1918) and Florence Trelawny (died 11 October 1902). She married Sir John Ritchie Findlay, 1st Baronet (son of John Ritchie Findlay and Susan Leslie) on 9 July 1901.
She was active in Scottish politics becoming a Justice of the Peace in Edinburgh in 1926 and being elected president of the Scottish Unionist Association in 1927. She chaired the management board of the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary during the Depression. She died on 24 July 1954, aged 74.
- Sir John Ritchie Findlay, 1st Baronet (b. 13 January 1866 – d. 13 April 1930)
- Elizabeth Findlay (died 1958)
- Laetitia Florence Findlay (died 5 July 1978)
- Sir John Edmund Ritchie Findlay, 2nd Baronet (b. 14 June 1902 – d. 6 September 1962)
- Lt.- Col. Sir Roland Lewis Findlay, 3rd Baronet (b. 14 July 1903 – d. 28 July 1979)
- Profile, peerage.com; accessed 20 February 2016.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd., 2003), volume 1, page 208.