|Birth name||Harriet Scott|
|Born||23 January 1972|
|Time slot||Weekends 6am–10am|
After studying History at Hull University, she became a production assistant for BBC Radio Humberside. A move to GWR followed, after which she worked at a number of other stations, including Viking FM, 2-Ten FM, and BRMB in Birmingham.
In 2002, she joined Heart as a presenter. In February 2005 she began co-presenting Heart Breakfast on Heart London alongside Jamie Theakston. They have won Sony Radio Silver Award for Best Entertainment Show and Radio Presenters of the Year at the Arqiva Commercial Radio Awards. From April to July 2011 she was maternity cover for Emma Bunton on Heart each Saturday drivetime. On 30 November 2012 she left the station.
Harriet made her debut on BBC London 94.9 sitting in for Simon Lederman on Sunday 2 December 2012, 10pm till 2am. and Ray Khan on the Overnight Show on Sunday 23 December 2012, 2am till 6am. In late December 2012 Harriet was announced as the new early breakfast show presenter. On 7 January 2013 she began presenting Weekday Early Breakfast on BBC London 94.9 and continued until January 2014 when James Max took over. She has been co-presenting the Sunday Mid-morning show with Chris Rogers on the same station since January 2014, which is live 9am till 12pm.
She has been a cover presenter on the same station for Vanessa Feltz on her mid-morning radio show, Penny Smith on the Breakfast Show, Joanne Good on the afternoon show and Gaby Roslin's Sunday late afternoon entertainment show, most recently in July 2014.
Harriet made her debut on BBC Radio 2 on Saturday 1 March 2014 covering for Anneka Rice Saturday morning show and exactly a month later made her debut on BBC Three Counties Radio sitting in for Nick Coffer, 12pm till 3pm.
In 1998, she hit the headlines after a controversial affair with Mike Hollingsworth, a TV executive and at that time the husband of TV presenter Anne Diamond. In an article in the Daily Mail Scott later claimed that Hollingsworth had assaulted her. Hollingsworth later successfully sued the newspaper and gave evidence that it was actually Scott who had assaulted him. The jury accepted his version and awarded him £75k damages.
- "Harriet Scott". Magic. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- Harriet Scott announces pregnancy | Showbiz News Heart
- Breakfast & Drive changes for Heart London Radio Today, 19 November 2012
- "BBC London 94.9 – Simon Lederman, Spending Christmas alone, coffee shops and great smells". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- "BBC London 94.9 – Overnight on BBC London, 23/12/2012". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- Harriet Scott on BBC 3CR bbc.co.uk Retrieved 28 May 2014
- Harriet Scott on BBC Radio Northampton. bbc.co.uk Retrieved 3 August 2014
- Dowell, Ben (25 May 2007). "Hollingsworth wins Mail libel case". London: MediaGuardian. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- "Heart FM's mini baby boom – DJ Harriet Scott announces pregnancy – Celebs". MadeForMums. 2011-04-19. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- Bunton covers Harriet on Heart Breakfast Radio Today, 29 September 2011
|This British biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|