Harris City, Indiana
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||820 ft (250 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||435781|
Harris City was named for B. B. Harris, who owned a large blue limestone quarry which was in the 19th century the center of the town's industry.
Harris City is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Harris City, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Harding, Lewis Albert (1915). History of Decatur County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 148.
- "Decatur County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 158. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...the post office was changed to Harris...
|This Decatur County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|