|Minister of Finance|
28 February 2013
|Preceded by||Michael Sarris|
9 April 1972 |
|Political party||Democratic Rally|
|Alma mater||University of Reading|
Harris Georgiades (Greek: Χάρης Γεωργιάδης; born 9 April 1972) is a Greek Cypriot economist and politician. He was pivotal in the successful implementation of the economic reform plan for Cyprus and its successful conclusion in 2016.
He participates in the Eurogroup and the ECOFIN. He was elected Chairman of the Board of Governors of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for the period 2014-2015 and is a member of the Board of Governors of the International Monetary Fund, the European Investment Bank and the European Stability Mechanism.
On Cyprus Reunification
In a 2016 interview for the Financial Times, Harris warned that any deal to reunite Cyprus risks failure unless the new federal state envisaged under a peace settlement adopts binding rules on fiscal discipline and financial sector stability.
- EU commissioner lauds Cyprus' commitment to bailout reforms
- Statement by IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde on Cyprus
- Press remarks by Vice President Dombrovskis following his meeting with the Finance Minister of Cyprus, Mr Harris Georgiades
- IMF hails Cyprus decision to cut short bailout program
- Congratulations Cyprus!
- Cyprus lauded on exit from €10bn bailout
- Cyprus ‘on track’ with economic reforms
- Gold News. "Harris Georgiades Appointed Chairman of EBRD". cipa.dwf. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "IMF Members' Quotas and Voting Power, and IMF Board of Governors". www.imf.org. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "Board of Governors". www.eib.org. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- Cyprus finance minister warns on fiscal rules for reunited island
- "HARRIS GEORGIADES". POLITICO. 2015-12-02. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
|Minister of Finance