Harris Township is one of thirteen townships in St. Joseph County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2000 census, its population was 19,873.
Harris Township was organized in 1836. The township was named after the Harris family, a local family of pioneer settlers.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Harris Township covers an area of 21.12 square miles (54.7 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains Harris Prairie Cemetery on Adams Road, and Salem Cemetery near Ash and Brummitt Roads.
Airports and landing strips
- Cam-Air Airport
- Foos Field
- Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation
- ^ "Harris Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- ^ United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- ^ History of St. Joseph County, Indiana. C.C. Chapman & Company. 1880. p. 369.
- ^ Howard, Timothy Edward (1907). A History of St. Joseph County, Indiana. Lewis publishing Company. p. 590.