Gilbertson in February 2012
|Born||29 June 1993|
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Harrison Gilbertson (born 29 June 1993) is an Australian actor.
Gilbertson began acting at the age of six when he played the character of Sorrow in a local production of Madama Butterfly. He made his screen debut in 2002, playing the role of Greggy in Australian Rules. His big break came in 2009 when he landed the lead role of Billy Conway in Accidents Happen. Reviewers commended his performance and acting abilities.
His US debut was in the indie Virginia, directed by screenwriter Dustin Lance Black. He won the 2010 AFI Young Actor Award for his performance as Frank Tiffin in Beneath Hill 60. Also in 2014, he appeared in Need for Speed and the thriller ghost feature, Haunt. He appeared in the indie Australian movie My Mistress, a romance about a young man who becomes infatuated with his neighbor, a dominatrix. He appeared as Michael Fitzhubert in the miniseries remake of Picnic at Hanging Rock alongside Natalie Dormer and Samara Weaving. in 2018, Gilbertson played the role of Sean in director Assaf Bernstein's psychological thriller, Look Away, which starred India Eisley, Mira Sorvino and Jason Isaacs.
|2009||Accidents Happen||Billy Conway|
|2010||Beneath Hill 60||Frank Tiffin||Australian Film Institute Young Actor Award|
|2013||The Turning||Vic Lang|
|2014||My Mistress||Charlie Boyd|
|2014||Need for Speed||Pete Coleman|
|2016||Hounds of Love||Jason|
|2018||Look Away||Sean||originally titled Behind the Glass|
|2019||In the Tall Grass||Travis McKean|
|2012||Conspiracy 365||Callum Ormond||12-part series|
|2018||Picnic at Hanging Rock||Michael Fitzhubert||6-part series|
Awards and nominations
|2010||Australian Film Institute Awards||Young Actor Award||Beneath Hill 60||Won|
- "Mum's the word, says actor Harrison Gilbertson". The Advertiser. 8 May 2011.
- Eccleston, Roymund (13 March 2010). "Why Hollywood's mad about the boy". AdelaideNow. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Kane, Phil Jeng; Smith, Burleigh; Sideris, Liz (25 April 2010). "3 Filmmakers Review ACCIDENTS HAPPEN". Film & Television Institute WA Inc. Archived from the original on 29 March 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Williams, Evan (24 April 2010). "Gilbertson performance worth the Accident". The Australian. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- "AFI Award Winners and Nominees". Australian Film Institute. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Debelle, Penelope (15 February 2018). "Hanging Rock still haunts, says Adelaide star Harrison Gilbertson". Adelaide Now. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "India Eisley in First Trailer for Mirror Image Horror Film 'Look Away'". FirstShowing.net. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- Lee, Hannah (20 June 2011). "Conspiracy 365 pay-TV series begins production". Inside Film magazine. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- Sobolewski, Helene; Iannella, Antimo (21 June 2011). "Our lad lands major television role". AdelaideNow. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harrison Gilbertson.|
|This article about an Australian actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|