Gilbertson in February 2012
|Born||29 June 1993|
Harrison Gilbertson (born 29 June 1993) is an Australian actor.
Gilbertson began acting at the age of six when he played the character of Sorrow in a local production of Madama Butterfly. He made his screen debut in 2002, playing the role of Greggy in Australian Rules. His big break came in 2009 when he landed the lead role of Billy Conway in Accidents Happen. Reviewers commended his performance and acting abilities.
His US debut was in the indie Virginia, directed by screenwriter Dustin Lance Black. He won the 2010 AFI Young Actor Award for his performance as Frank Tiffin in Beneath Hill 60. Also in 2014, he appeared in Need for Speed and the thriller ghost feature, Haunt. He appeared in the indie Australian movie My Mistress, a romance about a young man who becomes infatuated with his neighbor, a dominatrix. He recently appeared as Michael Fitzhubert in the miniseries remake of Picnic at Hanging Rock alongside Natalie Dormer and Samara Weaving. in 2018, Gilbertson played the role of Sean in director Assaf Bernstein's psychological thriller, Look Away, which starred India Eisley, Mira Sorvino and Jason Isaacs.
|2009||Accidents Happen||Billy Conway|
|2010||Beneath Hill 60||Frank Tiffin||Australian Film Institute Young Actor Award|
|2010||What's Wrong with Virginia||Emmett|
|2013||The Turning||Vic Lang|
|2014||My Mistress||Charlie Boyd|
|2014||Need for Speed||Pete Coleman|
|2018||Look Away||Sean||originally titled Behind the Glass|
|2019||In the Tall Grass|
|2012||Conspiracy 365||Callum Ormond||12-part series|
|2018||Picnic at Hanging Rock||Michael Fitzhubert||6-part series|
Awards and nominations
|2010||Australian Film Institute Awards||Young Actor Award||Beneath Hill 60||Won|
- "Mum's the word, says actor Harrison Gilbertson". The Advertiser. 8 May 2011.
- Eccleston, Roymund (2010-03-13). "Why Hollywood's mad about the boy". AdelaideNow. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- Kane, Phil Jeng; Smith, Burleigh; Sideris, Liz (2010-04-25). "3 Filmmakers Review ACCIDENTS HAPPEN". Film & Television Institute WA Inc. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- Williams, Evan (2010-04-24). "Gilbertson performance worth the Accident". The Australian. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- "AFI Award Winners and Nominees". Australian Film Institute. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- Debelle, Penelope (2018-02-15). "Hanging Rock still haunts, says Adelaide star Harrison Gilbertson". Adelaide Now. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "India Eisley in First Trailer for Mirror Image Horror Film 'Look Away'". FirstShowing.net. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Lee, Hannah (2011-06-20). "Conspiracy 365 pay-TV series begins production". Inside Film magazine. Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- Sobolewski, Helene; Iannella, Antimo (2011-06-21). "Our lad lands major television role". AdelaideNow. Retrieved 2011-07-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harrison Gilbertson.|
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|