Harrison Township, Elkhart County, Indiana
Location of Harrison Township in Elkhart County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.77 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Land||35.74 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2)|
|Elevation||807 ft (246 m)|
|• Density||124.1/sq mi (47.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453385|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.77 square miles (92.6 km2), of which 35.74 square miles (92.6 km2) (or 99.92%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.08%) is water. Yellow Creek Lake is in this township.
Cities and towns
- Concord Township (north)
- Elkhart Township (east)
- Jackson Township (southeast)
- Union Township (south)
- Locke Township (southwest)
- Olive Township (west)
- Baugo Township (northwest)
The township contains six cemeteries: Hoke, Inbody, Miller, Stutsman, Wenger and Yellow Creek.
- "Harrison Township, Elkhart County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Elkhart County, Indiana. Chas. C. Chapman Co. 1881. p. 988.
|This Elkhart County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|