Harrison Township, Henry County, Ohio
|Harrison Township, Henry County, Ohio|
Sharon United Methodist Church, north of Malinta
Location of Harrison Township in Henry County
|• Total||27.5 sq mi (71.2 km2)|
|• Land||27.0 sq mi (69.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.4 km2)|
|Elevation||682 ft (208 m)|
|• Density||45.7/sq mi (17.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086290|
Harrison Township is one of the thirteen townships of Henry County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,232 people in the township, 1,026 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Liberty Township - north
- Washington Township - northeast corner
- Damascus Township - east
- Richfield Township - southeast corner
- Monroe Township - south
- Flatrock Township - southwest corner
- Napoleon Township - west
- Freedom Township - northwest corner
Harrison Township is one of only two townships in the county without a border on another county.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Henry County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.