Harrison Township, Logan County, Ohio
|Harrison Township, Logan County, Ohio|
Fields west of Bellefontaine
Location of Harrison Township in Ohio
Location of Harrison Township in Logan County
|• Total||25.7 sq mi (66.7 km2)|
|• Land||25.7 sq mi (66.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,158 ft (353 m)|
|• Density||81.6/sq mi (31.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086483|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- McArthur Township - north
- Lake Township - east
- Liberty Township - southeast
- Union Township - south
- Pleasant Township - southwest
- Washington Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
In the elections of November 2007, Gary Campbell defeated Matt Jackson in the election for the position of township trustee, while Bonnie Staley was elected without opposition in the election for the position of township fiscal officer. In January 2008, Dan Risner was elected chairman of the board, and Campbell was elected vice chairman.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- History of Logan County and Ohio: Containing a History of the State of Ohio, from Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. O.L. Baskin. 1880. p. 244.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Harrison Township elects officers, sets new meeting time", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2008-01-10, p. 2.