Harrodsburg Church of Christ
Location of Harrodsburg in Monroe County, Indiana.
|Elevation||558 ft (170 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||435809|
Harrodsburg is located at.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Harrodsburg Community Center
The Harrodsburg Community Building, built in 1992, is a central site for community events and public meetings. It also serves as a polling place for the Clear Creek 3 precinct. Funds to maintain the center are raised in part from the annual Heritage Days Festival.
Attractions and community events
Harrodsburg Heritage Days Festival is a free-admission event held annually in May.
From 1981 to 2013, the Harrodsburg Haunted House was a popular attraction in Monroe County, running weekends throughout October. Clear Creek Township Trustee Thelma Kelley Jeffries attributed the closing to increasing "government and state permits and laws" required for operation.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Harrodsburg, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- History of Lawrence and Monroe Counties, Indiana: Their People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. 1914. p. 435.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 523.
- "Monroe County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Polling location changes for several Bloomington precincts," Herald Times GovTracker.
- "Harrodsburg Heritage Days Festival", Visit Indiana.com.
- 2013 Indiana Festival Guide, Indiana State Festival Association, p. 20.
- "Harrodsburg Haunted House Closing After This Season," WBIW.com, May 5, 2013.