|Population||1,691 (2011 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Bedfordshire and Luton|
|Ambulance||East of England|
Harrold is a civil parish and electoral ward in the Borough of Bedford within Bedfordshire, England, around nine miles north-west of Bedford. The village is on the north bank of the River Great Ouse, and is the site of an ancient bridge, linking the village with Carlton with Chellington on the south bank. Immediately to the east of the village is Odell. Across the bridge is Carlton.
The buttermarket in Harrold has often been an iconic image in Harrold, along with the bridge. It also used to be the logo for one of the schools in Harrold. Harrold also has a village lock-up that was used to detain drunks and suspected criminals. It is no longer in use.
The Church of St Peter is also located in the village.
An early medieval sword mount was unearthed by a metal detectorist in 2006. It is believed the tiny phallic decoration could have adorned the sword belt of a high-ranking Saxon warrior.
Today an electoral ward within the Borough of Bedford, is named after Harrold Bishop and contains four civil parishes within its boundaries. Parishes and settlements within the ward, from south to north are Harrold parish, Odell parish, Podington parish including Hinwick and Farndish, and Wymington parish including Little Wymington. Harrold itself is near the southern boundary of its ward which follows some of the River Great Ouse. The ward extends northward from Harrold and fills the northwest corner of Bedfordshire, bordering Northamptonshire.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- The Parish of Harrold in General Archived 15 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Fairs and Markets". Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Sources for Education in Harrold Archived 9 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- British History Online – Parishes and dates
- Saxon Decoration Article and Photo
- Through The Door At Apple Corps Ep 2
- Bolton, Josh (13 February 2021). "Dad remembers 'magical night' Paul McCartney debuted 'Hey Jude' in a Beds village pub". Bedfordshire Live. Retrieved 14 February 2021.
- Harrold Ward Profile
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harrold, Bedfordshire.|