Harry Martin (judge)
Harry C. Martin
|Associate Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court|
Harry Corpening Martin
January 13, 1920
Lenoir, North Carolina
|Died||May 3, 2015 (aged 95)|
Asheville, North Carolina
|Residence||Asheville, North Carolina|
He attended the University of North Carolina where he obtained a music degree. He then served in the United States Army Air Corps during World War II from 1942 to 1945. He received his law degree from Harvard University after the war in 1948 and entered into a private practice. He became a judge in 1962 on the Superior Court of North Carolina. He would be appointed to the North Carolina Court of Appeals in 1978 and Supreme Court in 1982, serving until his mandatory retirement due to age in 1992. He also served as Chief Justice of the Cherokee Supreme Court from 2000 to 2006.
- "Portrait". Nccourts.org. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- "North Carolina manual [serial]". Archive.org. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- "Elon Law recognizes contributions in the law of Justice Harry C. Martin". Elon.edu. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- "Justice Harry Martin And Students Honored At Law Day". Ncbar.org. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- "Harry Martin (1920 - 2015) Obituary". Asheville Citizen-Times. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 15 May 2015.