Harry Potter: The Exhibition
Harry Potter: The Exhibition is a traveling exhibition of props, costumes, and other artefacts from the creation of the Harry Potter film series. The exhibition originally opened in April 2009 at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Illinois, United States. Since its initial opening, the exhibition has been shown around the world and continues to tour.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (the studio which produced the film series), created the exhibition in partnership with Exhibitgroup/Giltspur (which later merged with GES Exposition Services).
The exhibition features props, costumes, and other artefacts from the creation of the Harry Potter film series. Among the items on display are Harry Potter's wand and eyeglasses. Also featured are film sets, such the Great Hall and Gryffindor Common Room from the fictional school Hogwarts, which is a major setting in the Wizarding World.
Beginning in 2016, some artefacts from the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film series have also been included.
- "Harry Potter: the Exhibition Opens at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry on April 30, 2009" (Press release). Time Warner. 29 April 2009. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "GES Acquisitions Timeline". GES Genealogy. 17 March 2017. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
Feb 2010 Merged Exhibitgroup/Giltspur (EG), Becker Group and GES Exposition Services
- Hosford, Christopher (14 July 2009). "Event Marketing Companies Exhibitgroup/Giltspur and GES Combine". Ad Age. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- Hubbard, Garrett (29 April 2009). "Chicago exhibit welcomes Potter fans to Hogwarts". USA Today. Archived from the original on 1 May 2009. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- McCarthy, Erin (21 April 2011). "Harry Potter Exhibition: Behind-the-Scenes Q&A". Popular Mechanics. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Harry Potter: The Exhibition will remain in Brussels for the holidays" (Press release). 27 October 2016. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harry Potter: The Exhibition.|