Harry Shapiro (author)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Until it closed in 2015, Shapiro was the head of publishing at DrugScope, a charity in the United Kingdom. He was also in charge of it bi-monthly magazine, Druglink.
- Waiting for the Man: the story of drugs and popular music New York : Morrow, ©1988. ISBN 978-0-688-08961-0 in 427 US/Canadian libraries according to WorldCat 
- Review, Notes (KMusic Library Association), Jun., 1991, vol. 47, no. 4, p. 1168–1169
- Review, International Journal of Comparative Sociology v. 29 (S/D 1988). Crowley, Robert, reviewer
- translated into Chinese by Jiachun Li as 等待藥頭 : 流行音樂與藥物的歷史 / Deng dai yao tou: Liu xing yin yue yu yao wu de li shi. Taibei Shi: Shang zhou chu ban, 2008. ISBN 978-986-124-978-0
- Revised ed, 1999. in 269 libraries, according to WorldCat
- Shooting Stars: drugs, Hollywood and the movies. Serpent's Tail: October 2003,
- Review in PopMatters 
- Jimi Hendrix, Electric Gypsy.(with Caesar Glebbeek.) New York: St. Martin's Griffin, 1995. ISBN 978-0-312-13062-6 In 249 US/Canadian libraries according to WorldCat 
- Review, Notes (Music Library Association), Dec., 1992, vol. 49, no. 2, p. 528-530
- Review, Library Journal v. 116 (July 1991).
- Review, The Economist v. 317 (Nov. 24 1990).
- Review, by David Fricke, Rolling Stone (Oct. 17 1991).
- Eric Clapton: Lost in the Blues. New York: Da Capo Press, 1992.ISBN 978-0-306-80480-9
- Alexis Korner: The Biography (with Mark Troster) . London: Bloomsbury, 1996.
- Jack Bruce: Composing Himself : the Authorised Biography. London: Jawbone, 2010. ISBN 978-1-906002-26-8
He has also written a number of academic articles:
- "From Chaplin to Charlie-Cocaine, Hollywood and the Movies". Drugs: Education, Prevention & Policy. 9, no. 2: 133-141. (2002)
Additionally, he is the author of several books about popular drug information.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|